Skip Bayless Explains Why Cowboys Won't Win With Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Lddbck, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

"Players know the bucks stop with Jerry, effectively their coach/GM/owner, and as long as his seats are filled and his TV ratings are through the roof and Forbes still ranks his team the NFL's most valuable, and he remains the world's best-known sports owner and the most famous figure in fame-crazed Dallas and gets to address the media in the locker room after every game (no owner or GM does that) … players will be made to feel absolutely no urgency to win."

Source: ESPN.com

Lddbck's Take: I've never agreed with Skip Bayless but I do think he nailed this one.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Normally I think Skip Bayless is off his rocker with whatever he talks about but in this case, he is 100% dead on with this topic.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think jerry runs the cowboys to bring attention to himself. He can't see them losing while he runs the team.he may be a genius in business and making money,but he is a total idiot when it comes to running a football team,especially a pro team!

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Skip is a toolshed. But I have to agree with him on this one. He nailed it. Bravo Skip.. Bravo

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dead on. Been saying it forever...until Jerry hires "football guys" to run his "football team," they won't go anywhere and the shame of it is, the team and talent is there...

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Agreed and I have thought this for quite a few years.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

1 out of 100 stories being accurate coming from Bayless is about right. This was his one.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He really didn't say anything the majority of NFL fans don't already know about Jones, Skip, you're still a tool and a pain in the butt and your opinions are still probably stolen from someone else.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Yes Jerry Jones is the man who signs the checks for that franchise but Mike Ditka just said something that I 100% agree with. "Players play, coaches coach, and owners own. If you don't like how your coaches are doing their job, replace them." I think it's sad Jerry Jones thinks it's going to motivate his players more with him down on the sideline. Yes, the owner of a team can do whatever they want but they should stay out of the background and out of the spotlight.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think dan snyder learned a lesson from jerry jones and i hope he continues to learn and stay out of trying to run the team.like jerry,snyder is a great business man but does not know crap from sunshine on running a pro team.If there is one way to kill your team,try and run it yourself and run off the people who got you there like jerry jones did.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Daniel Snyder did exactly what Jones should be doing.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Jerry Jones is too old to change.

13. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

are you sure we aren't talking about rand paul now?