So Where Will Peyton End Up?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Where Will Peyton Land?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2012.
  1. Titans

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Broncos

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 49ers

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, if winning a SB is the only goal, then, yes, san fran is the obvious landing spot.

but peyton has a lot of requirements with play control, scheme control, personnel control, etc.

he may also be strongly considering life 'after' football and supposedly the broncos and titans have offered post-football management and/or ownership and I haven't heard that the 49ers have offered anything like that.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So he's a diva just like Favre.....

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

IF this is a major deal with Manning, that brings AZ back into the loop. All of what you stated plus being an integral part of game planning were all the freedoms given to Warner when he played here. I'm sure that was probably conveyed at the time of their meeting.

Don't see how any other team can offer what the 49er's can in terms of the post-season.

4. groenator

groenator Rookie

49ers, but i am tired of waiting for his confirmation...god knows when he will decided....

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Has it really been so long people are freaking out? I thought this would be a 2-3 week process before all was said and done.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I just saw on Yahoo where someone said that Peyton notified the Titans about 20 minutes ago that they are out of the running. Can anyone confirm this?

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Who said this a writer? Someone random person posting a comment? You have a link?

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Why is wanting a position after football and wanting a scheme your used to signs that your a "diva" all three of these teams are championship material, he needs to go where he feels comfortable and can play the best in a system he can succeed in.

Having a guranteed job in a position you desire is a nice bonus also.

9. ragman

It was just someone on a Yahoo discussion board. There was no link. That's why I didn't post one.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mort is reporting Broncos!

11. ragman

I just saw on the Yahoo NFL message board where someone is saying that ESPN is reporting that Manning's agent is beginning negotiations with the Broncos.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

From Manning Watch to "Tebow Watch!"

13. ragman

It never ends. Follow the bouncing QBs! LOL!

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Tebow would be a terrible fit in Miami, and I swear if they trade for him I'm done with the Dolphins until they change the FO.

16. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Now that we know where Manning is going will there be a new thread as to Where will Tebow end up :newlaugh:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Start it up!!!

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I dont know why theyre so set on trading Tebow. It seems like his best chance to be a decent quarterback would be sitting and learning behind one of the best in history, and it's not like Manning has more than a couple years left realistically.

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

whats tim tebows thoughts on this?

20. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

While i would agree with you on that i think the front office never really liked Tebow and they just wanted an excuse to get rid of him. But if you also think about it the back ups in Indy were not great even being behind Peyton and supposedly learning from him. I think the only way Tebow can learn to be a better QB is having a HC or OC devote themselves on changing his mechanics and mindset and right now i don't see anyone willing to do that.