Some Vikings Still Want QB Tarvaris Jackson To Start?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Aug 25, 2009.

1. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

And what is going to stop Favre from free falling the 2nd half of this season? He is already past his prime, will turn 40 during the season and is playing with a torn rotator cuff. And he only knows one way to throw the ball and that is damn hard so that shoulder isn't going to hold up for an entire season.

As much as I like to pick on Jackson, he actually put up a better QB rating and much better TD/INT ratio than Favre last season (albeit in much less action). Jackson is a work in progress and still has some potential. The Vikings aren't going to the Super Bowl regardless of who plays QB on the current roster. For the future of that franchise they would be better off seeing what Jackson and/or Rosenfels can do on that team this season. But on the other hand Childress has his own butt on the line to win big this year so he made the desperate play. Hey makes sense......hurt the franchise short-term AND goober possible development of young QB's in order to try and save the butt of a crapty head coach. Oh and sell some tickets for now I guess. Solid plan there in Minnesota. :icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Oh and let's just go ahead and call Favre Mr September now. His best month last season was September and the same will hold true this season. The Vikes play a bunch of crap teams the first month so Brett can pad some stats and keep ESPN cooing over him for a bit. Get back to me in December though aight? :icon_cool:

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No way!! That's Romo's name!!

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

ESPN! Same reason T.O. is in buffalo (or at least not in Dallas). I wish the Vikings were in Cleveland in week 10+ instead of week 1.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I seriously doubt if you can find any locker room that would have 100% of the players wanting the same QB in the game, these players have been with TJack for a while now and they also have followed the life and times of Brett Favre and I'm sure they don't want to be a part of his drama when all they want is a Super Bowl win and they also know he is having a problem with his rotator cuff and he is almost 40 no matter what anyone says, that's old for a football player.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Indy?

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well I meant as far as QB controversy within teams, the Colts and a few other have no such situations.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah he's old, and I doubt that the Vikings win it all, but I'm happy to have Favre back!!!