Source Says Packers QB Coach Tom Clements Didn't Interview For Penn St. Job

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Dec 16, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements, who has played a major role in the development of Aaron Rodgers, was reportedly interviewed Friday for the Penn State head coaching job, according to USA Today. But ESPN Milwaukee writes that an NFL source says Clements, in fact, did not interview for the job. "I’m not aware of any interview to take place today," Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters after practice Friday. "As far as if Tom was a candidate, I think he would be an outstanding candidate. I do not know what Penn State’s plans are. I’ve had zero communication with anybody from Penn State." Also, a source told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, "There is no telephone interview or conversation that is scheduled between Tom and Penn State, there never has been one scheduled, nor is there anything scheduled in the foreseeable future." Clements -- a former Notre Dame All-American and a Canadian Football League Hall of Famer who’s been a highly regarded NFL assistant -- was supposed to have been interviewed by acting athletic director Dave Joyner on the phone, according to USA Today. Yet, it seems highly unlikely that Clements would interview with Penn State without telling McCarthy first.

Source: CBS Sports

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011