Sources: Phils To Get Lee From Indians

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ketbuckfan, Jul 29, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he makes 5.7 million this year and the club has a 7 million option for 2010, with a 250,000 buyout, if the Indians pick up the option then he would be a free agent in 2011, but they have been shopping him like crazy, I thought because of Santana being ready next year.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe they're looking to save money next season?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

a lot of "great" talent ?

i think they robbed the indians. carasco is average at best, donald is ok and could be a decent utility player, marson will probably be traded again or be a back-up as the indians have a very highly touted catcher coming up. knapp was the key in this trade and even though he is already dealing with some shoulder issues you have to give something up.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Carasco is nowhere near ready to play in the majors, and if he didn't stay on the Phillies 40 man roster all year next season, they would have lost him to Rule 5. It was great to unload him.

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

crap pisses me the heck off that we always dump our best guys and go back to the drawing board

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i really don't see why the new guy being ready would be a reason to shop victor dude really has not been playing catcher this season mostly first base

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i heard this was mianly a money cutting deal for you guys.

7. mike oxlong

I think getting francisco is the underrated part of the deal. He is exactly what we needed off the bench.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I said that too. I still could see them going out and getting another bench player...a solid named player...not a high profile guy. They need to keep Bruntlett away from the field. WiP is doing a Bruntlett batting average time check. Currently, every day at 1:25, they celebrate his batting average...

Although Amaro seemed very content with where they were during his interview in last nights game.

9. mike oxlong

I think they are done with moves, once myers comes back, our BP will be stacked and our rotation is set.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i do not see us getting another bench player. no need to IMO.