Sports, lies and videotape

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by SportsChump, Aug 18, 2016.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

There’s a scene at the beginning of High Fidelity where John Cusack’s film flame, played Iben Hjejle, storms out of his apartment in the midst of an impending breakup. Soon afterwards, he tells us (rather unconvincingly as we’ll later find out) that she would never make his all-time, top five break-up list. As Cusack and his buddies in the film (and so, so many more of us) are prone to do, Cusack then goes on to rank his top five break-ups (and so many other things along the way) which is essentially the theme of the film.

Out of the window and into the rain, Cusack shouts to her as she scurries away “If you really wanted to screw me up, you should have gotten to me earlier.”

Well, the same goes for you, Ryan Lochte.

Carry on at: http://sportschump.net/2016/08/18/sports-lies-videotape/17846/

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What a stand up guy Lochte is. He flies out of Rio and leaves his swimming teammates holding the bag. What a team player he is!

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

On top of that, I wonder how stupid he feels apologizing with a head of green hair.

4. ragman

Have you seen all of the memes with Lochte in them? One I saw today has him starring in a new movie? Liar Liar 2.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I saw that one. My friend came up with one that I'll be putting in another related post.

Stay tuned, sir.

ragman likes this.
  6. ragman

I will.