Stars Trade Jaromir Jagr To Bruins

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Sportsguy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Dallas Stars traded Jaromir Jagr to the Boston Bruins for a pair of prospects and a conditional draft pick on Tuesday.

The Stars had been talking to Jagr's camp for three weeks about a possible extension but over the past few days had second thoughts with the team fading in the standings.

Dallas received forwards Lane MacDermid and Cody Payne, along with a conditional second-round pick in the 2013 draft.

The pick will become a first-round selection if Boston advances to the Eastern Conference finals in this year's playoffs.

Source: ESPN

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is Jagr worth a damn anymore? I rarely ever watch NHL, but this guy has been around forever.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I assumed he must have retired years ago. Seems like he was a big name when I was a kid, and that was a long god**mn time ago.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

At this point in his career he's a 20-25 goal/30-40 assist guy. Not terrible, but not the Jagr near his prime.
    [MENTION=536]DawkinsINT[/MENTION], [MENTION=1137]smeagle[/MENTION] should be able to appreciate:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE]Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  5. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

We'll see if he can't turn it up a notch this next yr. Or even some this yr. Give him a couple games, maybe and he'll notch his first Bruins goal.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with crowned and wallace. it seems like this guy was playing when i was a kid and i'm an old guy now. he must be 40 yrs old by now, right?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was drafted in 1990. So he was probably 18 or 19?

If you've Never seen his draft photo look it up it's actually pretty funny.

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think Jagr is way passed his prime

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Way passed but still a decent hockey player.

10. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Agree with the last two posters, but I think he can still have a good year.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's producing like an average guy now...lol.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

Meh ... not upset the flyers didnt get him back.