Steelers LB James Harrison Says League's Harder On Him Hitting White Players

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The body-slamming sack that Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison delivered on Titans quarterback Vince Young in the second week of the 2010 season was one of the topics covered by Harrison in his shocking interview in the current Men’s Journal. Young certainly wasn’t the highlight of Harrison’s rants, as Harrison ripped NFL commissioner Roger Goodell as well as teammates Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall. But Harrison brings up the brutal sack of Young as he questions whether the league is harder on black players illegally hitting white players than it is on black players illegally hitting black players. Harrison wasn’t even penalized for his body-slam of Young, but was eventually fined $5,000. On the other hand, he was penalized for a late hit against Brees and also fined $20,000. “I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20 (grand),†Harrison told Men’s Journal. “You think black players don’t see this (crap) and lose all respect for Goodell?†Of course, Harrison doesn’t appear to mention that he was also fined $75,000 last season for a hit on Cleveland Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, who is black. The league eventually reduced that fine to $50,000.

Source: The Tennessean

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

LMAO!

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

james hits harder than white players

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, add racist to a long list of character flaws on display from the steelers roster.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Brees is elite, Young is not. Explination is there. And I didn't know Cribbs was white.

6. K Train

look at MM in that picture, all hecked up haha

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

so let's see.

slams young (black) 9/2010. $5k fine.

slams Mohamed Massaquoi (black)10/2010. $50k fine

slams brees (pastyass honky) 11/2010 $20k fine.

yep, def racism by goodell's part.

freaking moron.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thats been on the roster for a couple months now. Where have you been? You didn't know Rashard Mendenhall is a slave?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Honestly...i don't think Harrison should get full credit for the sack on Young. It was a group effort.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Funny that Harrison left out the huge fine on MM...of course he had to or his point would be moot.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just another example of an athlete that should keep his mouth shut...lol...

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ya think????

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...a little.

14. K Train

deep down i love it...james is an uneducated moron, cant really read or write....but hes a beast and a brilliant football player, even if theres no use for him in society.

i love athletes talking and sounding dumb and twitter more and more every day

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

sports - the only industry where you can opely call your boss a racist with zero proof and still have a job.

16. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

You know, James, just because it's fashionable to throw Ben Roethlisberger under the bus doesn't mean that you should enjoy that privilege. If anything, your statements are offensive enough to tear apart the locker room. Way to go, butthole. I hope you get cut. You won't be the first good LB the Steelers have ever replaced, and you won't be the last either.

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

LOL. Another reason Harrison should stfu. For real? YOU ARE SO DUMB! Where's Antonine Dodson at when you need him?

SMH.

18. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I spit my soda out when i saw the title! lmao

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

...still have a job.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

do tell