Steelers Looking At QB's Including Jeff Garcia As Replacement

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Nov 23, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think dixon can do it, hes not throwing 99% fast balls anymore and he has some wheels.

the biggest thing is they would run mendenhall, mendenhall had 13 carries when ben had 355 yards....thats outrageous to me, wtf are the tryin to prove. mendenhall needs 25-30 carries a game, he was shredding them

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

also, if they had faith in charlie batch, theres no reason they shoulndt have faith in dixon, batch has been awful since the season finale 3 years ago against the ravens and hasnt played in 2 years...and when he got in he threw a pass and tossed a sweep to moore and got hurt. thats about as unreliable as they come

batch=old and busted
    dixon=the new hotness

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

They ran it on 3rd & 2 in overtime...what more do you want?

I'd like to see Dixon get reps, but I don't think he's winning a lot of ball games if he started playing this week. He needs real-life game-time or scrimmages. Even the scrimmages during training camp, the guy was a different player (not for the better) than he was versus practice. The pass game will be very limited with Dixon in there and it possibly gets worse with Garcia in there as Wallace and the deep ball pretty much get shelved until Ben comes back. Garcia struggles to throw the ball beyond 15 yards...

3. K Train

well a toss play isnt what i would have had in mind.

if dixon cant get game reps when ben goes down when will he? is he always just gonna be an inexperienced draft pick that shouldnt get a chance? guys can surprise you when given their first legit opportunity

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea the toss was terrible, if they ran between the tackles and had no gain Reed had an attempt at the win. But they would have gained at least a yard anyways making it a little easier to kick.

5. K Train

mendenhall gashed them up the middle on his few carries....and they sweep with moore. i rarely complain about bruce arians, because im usually over it but the last two games has really made me question him and tomlin

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Clancy Pendergast has a tendency to bring pressure in those situations from the middle, so I can understand a little bit why they may want to run a toss outside, but I can't agree with the call there...I'd rather see almost anything else...

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

If we would have handled our business and put the team away which is what we struggle to do, we'd only be 1 game back from Cinci right now. It's so frustrating.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bears. Even more frustrating...

The Hangover...Part Deux...