Steelers Playoff Hopes Alive???

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Dec 22, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the 7-7 Steelers beat the 8-6 Ravens this Sunday at Heinz Field, they may actually control their playoff destiny heading into their regular-season finale Jan. 3 in Miami. If the Steelers win out...
    • Dolphins finish no better than 8-8, Ravens no better than 9-7.
    • Jets, Jaguars, Broncos and Texans have to lose.
    • Jets, Jaguars and Texans could finish no better than 8-8 and Broncos - 9-7.
    Steelers hold the head-to-head tie breaker over the Broncos and would get the 6 seed. If the Titans win out they would also be 9-7 and the Steelers hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over them as well.

Week 16 Schedule:
    • Broncos @ Eagles
    • Jets @ Colts
    • Jaguars @ New England
    • Texans @ Miami

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea this is really what we need, I think we have a tie breaker over Hou, I know we have one over Ten and Den.

Ind beats NYJ
    Phi beats Den
    NE beats Jax

Steelers win out, and we're in... Comeon! lol

4. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Yeah i was looking at this too. It just so happens that I just posted a blog entry last week about not thinking the playoffs were a reality. Now, with Oakland providing a win against the Broncos, it seems like it is possible.

The most important thing is that we need to win out. I don't think we go far if we make the playoffs, but still, getting there would be the best thing ever, so we can defend the championship.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Sorry, but the Steelers won't win this sunday against the Ravens. Ravens have the momentum, and Ed Redd will play this week

6. Matt314hew

Steelers are out for revenge and are looking to be playoff spoilers. But I also see a hard fought game coming down to a Field Goal to win this one for either team.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i was looking at this the other day and they are not out of it at all. the afc wild card picture is messed up.

8. Crowned

True, but when it's not in our hands I just hate it.

9. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

ravens are a on a roll, but the momentums gotta stop at some point.... either on this game or in the playoffs. I dont think the ravens can hold their streak very much longer.

10. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

you dont want to see pittsburgh in the playoffs, with troy polamolu back. they went 8-8 a few seasons back...

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

ive seen weirder things happen 4 my Chiefs.

12. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

THe same Ravens that were taken to Overtime by a 3rd string QB?

13. Crowned

Doesn't matter, you know anytime we play the Ravens it's close, no matter who they got, or we got. I don't wanna hear that 3rd string qb bullcrap.

14. blkngldbabe

SO you don't have any faith that with Ben at the helm, the exact same team can't do any better? I'm sorry, I call Bullcrap. I know they're usually pretty tight games. Most divisional rivalry games are hard fought battles and all but I don't think it's going to be close. THey'll either blow us up and scorch our Piss poor secondary, OR Troy plays and it goes the other way. At least thats my 2 cents.

15. Crowned

I think we will win, but I also know it will be decided by less then 10. I just don't want to hear a bullcrap 3rd string qb excuse for our loss.

16. blkngldbabe

P.S by not close I mean the point differential will be 7-10 not 1-3.

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Even if they made it i dont see how they can beat a team like the colts or chargers this year with the way they have been playing. They did beat the chargers earlier in the year but it seems forever ago with how bad they have been. What do steeler fans think the problem is?

18. Matt314hew

Defense is not playing a full 60 minutes. None of the Corners can cover. Not getting a lot of pressure on the other qbs. Protecting leads.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Definitely not typical steelers defense. Troy has to be a big thing to the guy is an absolute animal probably the best safety in football today.

20. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I dont think it will be close, either ravens keep on their streak and smoke the steelies or they lose their push and the Steelers found a new push of life and smoke the ravens.

I dont think it will be a close game but I like to think outside the box lol.