Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Looks To Rewrite Legacy

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Sep 1, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

As Ben Roethlisberger's charmed life appeared to be crashing down around him, following a second accusation of sexual assault, he turned to his Bible. "The first thing I read, the very first thing, was about the shepherd who loses one sheep. He goes out, finds it and leaves his whole flock and goes to find it," the Steelers' quarterback said Tuesday. "And that's so true." That passage is relevant to the transformation Roethlisberger has made since last March. He said he has found his religion after straying from it amid the rapid rise the two-time Super Bowl winner made to stardom. Roethlisberger has been more accommodating to fans and reporters since the start of training camp and has been more open with his teammates. He said he is at peace with himself following a turbulent offseason in which he avoided criminal charges in Milledgeville, Ga., but nearly threw away his Steelers career. "Earlier in his career, he left the building and a lot of people didn't know what he did," veteran wide receiver Hines Ward said. "He was just secluded by himself, but now he's opening himself up to guys. He's joking around with everybody, rookies included. He's a different guy."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Such a model citizen.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah not being accused of raping people for a few months can really lift one's spirits. What's the deal with the bible quote, I don't understand how that applies. You didn't leave "the flock" to "find yourself", you were chased into suspension by a pretty dirty scandal. Anyway, I'm not convinced Ben really learned to read in school, so...

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That's it Ben. Turn to "god" to help keep you from raping again.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'd be more willing to give him positive vibes if he'd only been accused of one sexual assault.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Totally, the first rape is always a pbutt. Everyone knows that. First ones free.

7. Crowned

yep, common knowledge.

8. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Am I the only one who is confused about how this passage applies to him? Correct me if I'm wrong but is he saying he wants to get a sheep alone with himself so that he can rape it? Sorry, I'm confused. =[

9. Crowned

Jesus Christ... this thread had so much potiental too.

10. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Looks like his rapin' legacy is alive and well on GIF :emoticheerleader:

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That will live forever!!!!

12. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

Soo many people accusing Ben of rape... Good thing he still has a job bringing in millions a year... if he didn't "then" he might start to feel bad about what people say...

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^That's a decidedly unchristian attitude and probably what led him to be a serial rapist in the first place.

14. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Really? I thought it was cause he looks like an ogre and couldn't get any girls even with money.

15. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

I don't know if its more "unchristian" to convict a guy before he's even been convicted as so many people are bearing some sort of "false witness" against Ben, or to "show no forgiveness" if he did it or not... I'd hate to see what all these quick to accuse people have in their closet as "he without sin, cast the first stone".

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Your right. Rape isn't even one of the ten commandments so what's the big deal. It's not like he ever failed to keep the Sabbath holy, practiced idoletry, or took the lord's name in vain. He's a great christian. I am very happy that raping those girls brought him closer to jesus.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

DNA doesn't lie...it's the work of the Lord.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The drunken rapist tag ain't gonna rub off easily...unless he wins another Superbowl that is...

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

DNA doesn't lie when it's successfully obtained and sequenced which isn't very often in cases like this. But you knew that already.

20. Crowned

Why waste your time with Phigles? This is exactly what he wants, no one is as ignorant as he is acted just trying to get a rise out of Steelers fans.