Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Says He Wants To Be A Role Model

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Jan 31, 2011.

1. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is that Booker T?

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Roethlisberger saying he wants people to look up to him is laughable, I mean if he's serious he needs to seek psychiatric help. He gets in trouble twice about the same fregging thing and now he wants to be put on a pedestal, get real man.

4. Crowned

Nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself, he admitted he used to be an butthole to fans and the media. Since the incident he really seems to have matured and even the fans and media in the area say he has been nicer and more willing to answer questions, sign autographs, etc. I see no problem with what he says, if he can go from being the slime in the corner of the bar to becoming a better person and even a better player more power to him.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm going to withhold judgment until after the off season. It's not hard to say and do the right thing when your team is watching over you. It's another to have self-control when no one is there to see you.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Exactly Mush, I just think it's a tad early to be wanting anyone to see him as a role model. Shut up and just go about your business of playing NFL football. I just wonder how many Steeler fans would say nice things if it were a Raven player or just another team player in general.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I heard a funny one about big Ben today......allowing big Ben to have a fiance is like letting Mike vick own a dog......IMO professional athletes should not be a kids role model....sure let ur kid aspire to be as good or better than them but rile models no BC they will always be let down its inevitable they are human. As we all are

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

IMO you can't be a role model to anyone unless you know them personally.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

^ agree...

10. Crowned

Disagree, you can be a role model based on your perception.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Does Role Model equal QB model?