Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall Backs Adrian Peterson's Claim Of NFL Slavery

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

While some, like Packers RB Ryan Grant, have taken exception to Peterson’s statement – Grant makes the point that there is, you know, still ACTUAL slavery in the world – Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall sees Peterson’s point. Writes Mendenhall on his Twitter page (this transcript, by the way, is presented unedited and strung together over about 10 different updates): “@AdrianPeterson Anyone with knowledege of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel eachother. If you look back and disect what I said, I ddnt say that the NFL was slavery, I said that they parallel eachother. Look up the word parallel. This means that they're not the same thing, but they run the same course. These paths will never cross, but they mirror eachother. I could break down how, but that would take an amount of ideology and big words that a lot of you wouldn't understand. “Learn to LISTEN before you pass judgement. Because speaking without knowledge of subject is truly ignorant. Outside of the dollar amounts you see on tv, you don't know what's going on with the innerworkings of this buisness. I don't know what goes on at your job. But how dumb would I sound if I read about it in the newspaper and tried to tell you what's going on? Its bigger than what you people on the outside see on sundays, see on ESPN, read about in the paper. Just like any job, any business anywhere. Really think about that.â€￾ Since Peterson is traveling to Africa, his agent, Ben Dogra, was left cleaning up some of the mess. "I think anybody that knows Adrian knows that Adrian is a very strong-willed and passionate individual," Dogra told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "The game means an awful lot to him. People should not just take his statements per se word by word. It's a difficult time. He would love to play. I'm sure that everybody would love to see football continue in the NFL and I'm sure at some point it will get resolved. But Adrian, that's what makes him great. He's soft-spoken but if he has something on his mind he'll speak it. But I think nobody should really look at those words and take them out of context."

Source: CBSSports

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Slaves didn't have a choice on if they wanted to be slaves or not. These two idiots made the choice to play football. If they don't like it, quit playing and get a 9 to 5.

3. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

also slaves slept in one room basically the basement not alone or with there family in a mansion. Slaves also got beat if they did something wrong not go through a press conference and just have to say i hecked up. There also werent playoffs to see which house of slaves was the best and the winners get a shiny trophy. Slaves also had to work everyday not workout watch film and play a game for 3 hours. Slaves didnt have contracts where if they didnt like their slave owner they could pick a new slave owner after a few years. Slaves couldnt retire whenever they wanted. Slaves also couldnt marry white women. Slaves also couldnt eat at restaurants. Slaves also couldnt do whatever they wanted at any time.

but other then that yeah totally slavery

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Another stupid, assinine, goobered comment. Just shut the heck up...really...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and the players dig themselves a deeper hole ............

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, please do explain this to me and plase use small words so i can follow along.

serious, are the players trying to lose whatever support they may have had from the fans ?

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Just when I thought there couldn't be a more asinine statement Mendenhall opens his yap.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

The crap is getting deep...

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If we're using a crap analogy, everyone is throwing it at each other like freaking monkeys, smearing it on the wall, and rubbing it on their own faces. Crap-pocalypse.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Silly afro-americans....lol

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Fantastic!!!

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Utterly Moronic

sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

14. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

Great public relations move there boneheads. They really do know how to gain support from the fans.

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

slaves make millions of dollars for playing a game? ....................................... did these guys sign up for the james harrison news letter?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

James Harrison...now there's a guy with a case for slavery. They make him pay to play...

17. Slaves also don't get paid millions like these two clowns make.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Looks like AD and Mendenhall need to update Wikipedia to include the NFL.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Just majestic

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would love to see Rashard Mendenhall debate Charlie Sheen on a wide array of subjects