Steelers Sign Free Agent RB LeGarrette Blount to 2-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by DontKnowMe, Mar 28, 2014.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Steelers and free agent running back LeGarrette Blount have agreed on a two-year deal, according to Baltimore Sun and National Football Post writer Aaron Wilson.

Terms of the deal were not immediately released.

Pittsburgh is Blount's fourth professional team, having started off with the Tennessee Titans, then the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before playing last season with the New England Patriots. He has 579 career carries for 2,711 yards (4.7 yards per carry) in 56 career games spanning four seasons.

Blount will presumably back up second-year RB Le'Veon Bell, a player who figures to receive a high amount of touches this season. Blount is a solid between-the-tackles power runner but won't contribute much on passing downs, leaving Bell unchallenged in that regard.

Source: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...legarrette-blount-contract-terms-details-news

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like it.

4. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Me too...Just did a write-up on it...Was working last night so I just got to it this morning

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

View attachment 58918 LeBackfield!!!! Would only be fitting if they signed LaRod Stephens Howling back as a 3rd down back...

6. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I guess we could call them tres backfield

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

or Le tre bien. Good signing on the Steeler's part. He is a one trick pony but damn he is a power runner.

8. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I like it...he is a def bruiser/battering ram/downhill runner... hopefully keeps his head on straight and help them convert in short yard and goal line...he is an underrated play action blocker also if Ben needs to roll out...I envision using him also on 3rd and 1 and have Ben throw to keep def off balance

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's not really a third down guy though...

10. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

[Qagree"86WARD, post: 1628654, member: 1533"]He's not really a third down guy though...[/QUOTE]
    I agree unless they want to give a diff look since the def wont expect blount to be a pass catcher...he could fake the handoff and flare out a TE...will be interesting