Steelers Vs Packers: Super Bowl XLV Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 23, 2011.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLV?

1. Green Bay Packers

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

Pouncey out? ..... this cant be good

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Legursky did fine in blocking, he just had a few bad snaps. That will be fixed in practice these next 2 weeks. We still have a good shot at winning this game.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm hoping with Pouncey out, the other guys will pick up their game, but it's definitely a blow to the O-Line.

I'm feeling the Packers in this one...they match up well to the Steelers' weaknesses and this helps them even more...

4. Crowned

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward the Steelers. Packers have the advtantage through the air, but we have the big advantage on the ground with Mendenhall. Plus we can stop the run and make the Packers one dimensional, and while Rodgers is pretty damn good he's not Brady or Brees. Add to the fact that Roethlisberger doesn't know how to lose a big game and I got Steelers winning.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Right now, I can only say I hope you are right...

6. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

Hahahaha!!!!,...... THIS!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I know that in the UK the NFL is considered to be a minority interest sport (if that's really true why is the only way to get tickets to any of the venues over here having SB parties by a lottery system, due to demand way outstripping supply??,... But that's a different rant).

But today one of the supposed better newspapers here published an article stating that the Packers have reached the Superbowl by beating the Eagles, the Bears,........... And the Atlanta Braves,.........

FFS!!!!!!!,......... This guy clearly knows loads about the sport, NOT!!!!, and has even been sent to Dallas to cover the game there for the paper. I could have done better, they wouldn't of even had to pay me, game ticket would have been fine,..:icon_cheesygrin:,.....

7. Crowned

The Atlanta Braves was appropriate considering the way they got beat, it seemed like football wasn't their primary sport.

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

longest week ever.... cant wait for this game. too much media going around i cant watch it anymore. i have a keg lined up, an 8 v 8 parking lot football game @ 4 before the game. all the ladies are cooking and bringing the snacks. what could be better?

one thing i did notice that made me lol was an nfl mobile comercial on nfl network the other day. it was two blonde teeny looking college girls watching the nfl mobile phone tv thing. when they zoomed on the screen it was big ben practicing..... this little comerical had to be mocking big ben and his love to show the chicks his rod.

SUPERBOWL!

EXPLOSION!!!!

[​IMG]

9. green and yellow

10. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Pack... 35-28....i have a pretty damn good feeling about this game boys!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

With Pouncey out, I don't have a great feeling about this game...

12. Crowned

Pouncey isn't going to be the key to this game, it's on twinky Lebeau and not letting a spread offense shred his scheme again.

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Career 10-2 in playoff games, 7 years in the league with 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2/2 in Super Bowl wins, extends a play better than any other QB. Aaron Rodgers deserves high praise for what he's done with the Packers, but this is the Super Bowl. Gotta go with Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the steelers o-line, imo, is key to this game. i know ben can run around and make plays, but the steelers run mostly behind flozel, and pouncey is able to make great pulling blocks as a center. all i hear is that if the steelers shut down the packers run game its over.... if the steelers cant run the ball, then its going to be big ben making alot of big third down conversions.

also - i dont trust either kicker in this game

15. Crowned

I haven't heard that yet, and if I was the Packers I wouldn't run the ball more than 5 times all game.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I haven't heard that either. I heard if they shut down Aaron Rodgers the game is over...lol. But not the run game...

btw - I hope to hell it doesn't come down to anyone's kicker for both teams sake...:laughy32:

17. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I really don't understand why the Packers need, or would want to run the football. I remember earlier in the season, there was a thread where a Giants player said they were the best team in the NFL, and so did the Giants fans.. And I broke it down to how the Steelers were, and it wasn't even close, because you couldn't run on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers know they can't run against other teams, what in their right mind would they be thinking.. if they think they can run it on the Steelers? This entire game, is solely on Aaron Rodgers. He's the Packers Air game, and Ground game.

18. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Steelers will win....the coin toss!

19. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

of course I'm going for the Pack

but I don't believe this will be a blow out on either side of the field

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Knee, ankle and hip injuries soar