Steelers WR Limas Sweed Placed On IR

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Crowned, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Limas Sweed will miss the remainder of the season due to an unspecified illness. The Steelers placed Sweed on the reserve/non-football illness list and released no further information. Sweed missed the previous games against the Green Bay Packers because of the illness.

Source: National Football Post

2. Crowned

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Feelings hurt...

Very disappointed in Limas this year...VERY disappointed.

4. Crowned

Understatement, I'm giving him a chance next year, one more off-season/training camp then the world taking begins :icon_lol:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's hope so...lol...

6. Crowned

He might have to wait til Ward retires, Mike Wallace is a grown heckin man.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He is bad butt...I was find of him in training camp...

[​IMG]

8. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

Yeah I was too. I was hoping that the first year jitters were gone, but he has not proven to me that he can play in the nfl in game situations.

It could be that we benched him after a few drops, but still, those were some big drops he had. I give him a chance next year. We are going to need him. Ward will be wearing down some more and will need to provide Sweed some good mentoring lessons.

9. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Sweed can at least block. Again I offer up the suggestion of putting him on the other side of the ball. He's tall, athletic and fast. HE can hit and HAS to have better hands than Ike. LOL.