Steve Young Says Coaches Have Told Him Robert Griffin III Doesn't Put in the Time

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by ICECOLD, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Yesterday, Redskins head coach Jay Gruden had some pretty strong words regarding Robert Griffin III’s performance against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday. Gruden, who’s led Washington to a 3-7 record so far in his first year at the helm, said RG3’s performance was“not even close to being good enough to what we expect from the quarterback position.” This coming after the franchise QB threw two interceptions and had several key overthrows in the27-7 home loss.

After the game, Griffin said he and his teammates need to play better, and Gruden said Griffin needs only to worry about himself. Yikes.

Today, speaking on the Michael Kay Show, Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young took it a step further by saying that Robert Griffin III simply doesn’t work as hard as he needs to in this league.

“I’ve talked to his previous coaches, people I really trust and admire, that know quarterbacks,” said Young. “He doesn’t put the time in.” Shots. Fired.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/11/steve-young-says-rg3-doesnt-put-in-the-time

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I can't say this surprises me. He is obviously not living up to his capabilities so a lack of preparation might be the cause.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

why does'nt he just come out and say the coach who told him was mike shanahan,who's head is gonna go up steve young's ass halfway if he stops real fast?

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

perfect match for that racist franchise.