Strahan Says Favre Didn't Give Him Record-Breaking Sack

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by ravenfan52, Oct 29, 2009.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

When Michael Strahan set the NFL's single-season sack record in 2001, he did it with an assist from Brett Favre, who essentially handed Strahan his record-breaking final sack of the season by rolling out and sliding down directly in front of him. Eight years later, Favre is a Viking and Strahan is a broadcaster, and Favre and Strahan are the only ones still clinging to the illusion that Strahan earned the sack that took him from 21.5 -- half a sack behind Mark Gastineau's 1984 mark -- to 22.5. "No, Brett Favre did not lay down to give me a sack," Strahan said on KHTK in Sacramento, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Doesn't happen in the NFL man."

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Bull! I like Strahan but that is a bald faced lie, it was clear as day to anyone paying attention.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

so this story is what...3 years old???

4. ravenfan52

anyone know where i can find a video of the "sack"?

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

^^^^truth. favre may have never told strahan that he did it on purpose but he DID. we all saw it strahan.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's number 1.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3U_exsKxEY&NR=1]YouTube - Top 10 Michael Strahan moments[/ame]

7. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

He wasnt going to get away anyways.. This story shouldnt be anything to do with Favre.. 31 QB's out of the league would have gone down seeing a big #92 coming at you. It's the TE or whomever was blocking him El Matador style.

What this video made me realize is how much MORE he had int the tank when he retired. He was in awesome shape to keep playing.

Anyways, who cares.. this is old news.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah and my wife didn't marry down....

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well if he wouldent have down strahan would have killed him there anyway

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Football players don't lie.

:icon_eek:

11. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

NYGHS Favre wasn't going to get away because he ran right in front of Strahan and slid down - he quite clearly hosed Gastineau out of his record. Whether or not Strahan was in on it is a matter of opinion but Favre knew what he was doing.

12. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

thats not what I heard :p

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[​IMG]

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

She was asking for it...

15. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Bullcrap.

We all know that almighty Favre decided cheat the record, but don't bring Strahan in on this like it was something setup pre-game. It is a baseless claim. I know you didn't actually say that, but it doesn't even need to be brought up.

Fact is I hated that moment, and I hate Favre for freaking with the game like that. Strahan had an great year and cheeserod forever tainted it. Looking back you have to wonder if he did it for the attention of forever being that final key sack.

16. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Bullcrap! You went to Troy. :icon_eek::icon_cheesygrin:

1 person likes this.
  17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hahahahaha....

18. ravenfan52

Upon further review, it didn't look like there was anything favre could do do avoid him anyway. he could've tried to scramble away, cut strahan would have gotten to him and gotten the sack anyway. I read a thing on like wikipedia that said that favre was seen chatting with strahan after the previous play and several giants gave him a pat on the helmet after the play.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well there you have it folks...now it's official...

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No one cares, we all know Brett gave it up like a paid tramp.