SummerSlam

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Jul 23, 2008.

1. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I like the talent level, but I dunno if I will ever get used to the six sided ring. Samoa Joe doesn't appeal to me either. But I'm a HUGE Sting mark from waaaaaaay back in the day when he was 1st wrestling (would have loved to have seen Flairs last match be vs Sting) so that's really my main reason for watching.

2. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I figure we can add HBK vs Y2J, Jeff Hardy vs MVP, Cryme Tyme vs Rhodes/DiBiase, Katie Lea vs Micki James. Outside of Khali vs HHH, it's a very solid card, IMO. Or at least, has the potential to be.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The ladies do nothing for me.....they look good (can't get the roast beef out of my head with Mickie though :icon_eek: ) but that subpar action usually is when you go refill on drinks, snacks or hit the can.

HBK vs Y2J? Yeah it'll be good....but it's not the same from the first time they clashed IMO. Now it just feels a bit forced and the whole eye injury angle is a bit cheap too. Hardy vs MVP should be another good one and I do like the Rhodes/DiBiase team even though DiBiase is carrying that team on the mic right now.

4. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

WWE Championship Match: Triple H (c) vs. The Great Khali
    ECW Championship Match: Mark Henry [c] vs. Matt Hardy
    Hell In A Cell Match: The Undertaker vs. Edge
    John Cena vs. Batista
    Mixed tag team match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship and WWE Women's Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) and Mickie James (c) vs. Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix
    World Heavyweight Championship Match: CM Punk (c) vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

To place bets on this event, go here

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

WWE Championship Match: Triple H (c) vs. The Great Khali
    ECW Championship Match: Mark Henry [c] vs. Matt Hardy
    Hell In A Cell Match: The Undertaker vs. Edge
    John Cena vs. Batista
    Mixed tag team match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship and WWE Women's Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) and Mickie James (c) vs. Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix
    World Heavyweight Championship Match: CM Punk (c) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
    Jeff Hardy vs. MVP

To place bets on this event, go here

6. dublin mike

Took the kids to see a house show Monday, and MVP vs Jeff Hardy was the main event. Great match, even though the rest of the card sucked. (Shelton Benjamin vs Mr Kennedy should be a great match, not a slow, ground it out match.) If they do the PPV match like they did there, Falls count anywhere no DQ, then it should be a really good match.

7. SRW

Less than 10 minutes to go....who's watching tonight?

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I am cant wait for the hell in a cell match.

9. dublin mike

Good opening match w/MVP vs Hardy.

MVP is a great talent. He needs to be getting a title push, not Khali.

Wow. Did Jericho really hit Michaels' wife? Her lip was pretty swollen.

10. SRW

HAHAHAHAHA......it sure looked like he did. I thought it was all a work but I guess it went wrong because that lip was all blown up! I was just waiting for the bell to ring and them to go at it in a "unscheduled" match but I guess the WWE will just build this one up some more for their next PPV.

BTW.....I personally think Mark Henry has been pretty good since he won the ECW strap and losing it to Matt Hardy would be a mistake IMO.

You....have...got....to....be...kidding...me.....

And they wonder why ECW gets no respect.....

11. ball in the baskett

Jericho is a wife beater lol.

12. SRW

Here we go....CM Punk vs JBL.....it's time for CM Punk to prove he's deserving to be the champ. I really hate how they have been selling him short....

13. ball in the baskett

JBL sucks he is so out of shape he shouldent be wrestleing.

14. SRW

Got to give JBL some credit though.....he goes out there and gives it his all to get these young guys over with a bad back that doesn't even allow him to workout.

Saw the writing on the wall when everyone noticed CM Punk's real injury.....he's cut pretty bad when JBL's head crashed on top of his on a botched move. He might have gotten the "legit" pin but everyone will still give Punk crap for how he won.

15. dublin mike

The JBL/Punk match was a lot better than I thought it would be, but they can only carry the underdog champ story for so long.

On a related note, can't Punk get a better finisher? His opponents feet always hit the ground before he connects w/the knee. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose.

Went upstairs at the start of the Henry/Hardy match, came back downstairs and it was over. If they want to give someone a title push other than Henry, go w/Morrison. That kid is awesome.

Geez. Khali vs Trips. This sucks.

16. SRW

Wow.....this Khali/HHH match sucks....HHH is trying to make it work but Khali is so sluggish....

I agree with you on Morrison...that's a star in the making.

Mercifully HHH gets Khali in a awkward Pedigree to end this debacle and move on to the next match....

Now....which is next? Hell in a Cell? Or Batista vs Cena? What's the headliner?

And it's Cena vs Batista next....c'mon Batista! I am so sick of Cena...

17. ball in the baskett

Cena vs batista is next

I liked summerslam so far jeff vs mvp was good. I think santino and beth together are hilarious lol. Jericho becomeing a wife beater was pretty funny to.

18. SRW

These last two matches better be great or else this Summerslam will be remembered as a dud.

Hardy vs MVP was good, Jericho and Michaels' announcement was GOLD but outside of that? The Inter-Gender match was a joke.....the ECW title match was a waste....CM Punk vs JBL was OK at best....and that debacle that we just saw should signal the end of The Great Khali on ANY PPV ever.....ever....ever....ever.....ever.....

ever.

19. dublin mike

Wow. The Batista/Cena match turned out a million times better than expected. I never thought those two could put a good match together vs each other. Wasn't a great match, but exceeded my expectations. Batista getting the clean win vs Cena was a shock.

Turn Cena heel. He was a great heel.

20. ball in the baskett

Finally hell in the cell should be good.