Super Bowl LVI: Bengals vs. Rams

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 31, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bengals open as 4 point underdogs and I'm leaning towards them but there's plenty of time to think about it.

The first 54 Super Bowls didn't have a home team (SF in Stanford and Rams in the Rose Bowl don't count, apparently) and now we have a home team for the second year in a row. I need Jerry to get another Super Bowl for his huge palace, but he refuses to put courtains.

Biggest match up will be the Rams DL headlined by Aaron Donald and Von Miller against the Bengals OL. Burrow was sacked 9 times against the Titans and it didn't matter, though so it will be fun.

Let this thread be about all the hype and the big game itself. So sad the season is over...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't remember a less talked about Super Bowl in the social media era. It feels like the offseason already, with the Flores lawsuit, the WC team never ending chain of scandals, sites already looking forward to free agency and even mock drafts. Uh...guys? There's still a game to be played on sunday. And it will be (should be) awesome!!

Anyway since I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow, I'm posting my pick today:

Bengals +4.5 over Rams

I'm taking the points and running with them. This will be a close game, and if it isn't it will close in the 4th quarter. Joe Burrow is the real deal and even with his overmatched OL I expect him to light it up all night. The Bengals defense just managed to shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs which I personally thought was just impossible two weeks ago. AND YET...I still think the Rams can pull it off. I think Cooper Kupp and OBJ will be too much for the Bengals secondary, and I think McVay knows exactly what Zac Taylor will do...because you know, he was his OC back in the day.

So yeah...a close game it is. Rams 31-28 Bengals. Bengals cover. I win, I manage to pull a profit and ride into the sunset getting ready for draft season.

Happy Super Bowl sunday, everybody...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I have very little interest in the game. I'll watch and root for the Bengals but I don't care about the hype leading up to it.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seems like you're not alone, Dawk. Everybody is still talking about the NFL 24/7 just not the Super Bowl and it's so weird...

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Hall of Fame class was announced and DeMarcus Ware isn't in it (and Richard Seymour is!!!) and I got so mad I almost throw my phone to the street.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I'm glad d**k Vermeil made it to the HOF. He was the Eagles coach when I first started watching football.

TJ likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bengals covered and I finish my Playoff challenge with a mediocre 7-6 ATS. I'll try again next year, but first...there's a World Cup in december!! :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

I fell asleep during the halftime show and missed the whole second half. Ugh.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The half time show was AWESOME!! I'm from the MTV generation, I learned english thanks to Eminem and Dr. Dre. I was singing along the whole time while my almost 70-year old dad gave me one of those looks XD.

I saw a tweet that made me laugh and cry at the same time. It said something like "finally, after years of half time shows for old people with the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, they finally gave us young people something we like. And then 10 seconds later, it hit us". Yeah. It hit me XD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Nicely done on the pick, sir.

TJ likes this.