Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 30, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Early line is Eagles by 2.5. It will be interesting where it stands 10 days for now.

Lots of storylines to cover, for example...did you guys know this is the first Super Bowl where both starting Quarterbacks are black? Did you know Andy Reid used to coach the Eagles and now he coaches the Chiefs? Did you know it will be the first time two brothers face each other in this game?

Well, those three and I'm sure lots of other stories will be forced fed to us for the next two weeks. I hope you're ready.

Unless something drastic happens, I'm picking the Eagles. No disrespect to Mahomes and the Chiefs (I know they take this stuff too seriously) I just think they are the better team. And sweeping the Super Bowl champions next season will be so, so sweet.

No MVP has won the Super Bowl since Kurt Warner in 1999. Mahomes is winning MVP this year, so the trend will continue.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

All week I had been basking in beating the 49ers. I'm just now really starting to get pumped for the Super Bowl. I think we have the better overall team but Mahomes is the best player in the game so it certainly won't be easy. Our defensive line really needs to come through once again. I'm worried about Hurts. He definitely wasn't his normal self throwing the ball once again last week. I don't know if we can rely on the running game to carry us again. He's going to have to make some big throws to win. If Hurts is healthy though I really like our chances.

This is going to be a long week.....

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After one week the line didn't move so I picked the Eagles -1.5. I'm 6-6 in the playoffs. This will make or break my challenge xD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here in Mexico, Consitution Day, a federal holiday, is observed on the first monday of february. For over a decade we got the monday after the Super Bowl off and it was beautiful. We could BBQ, watch the game, party way into the night and have no worries as we'd have a whole day to recover.

Then the pandemic came, they pushed the Super Bowl one week and it was over. My last Super Bowl party was 3 years ago and I miss it so much. I start work at 7AM I have to be in bed when the trophy is presented. Please move it back :(

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

So, I wrote about this friend, a lifelong Eagles fan (he's from Philly) but who lived in Kansas City for quite a while and witnessed the rise of the modern Chiefs.

He's conflicted... yet pulling for the Eagles.

Brotha E’s Split Decision: An exercise in the psychology of human fanhood - Sports Chump

I've got the Chiefs in one (sorry, Dawk)

Second year quarterback, second year coach against the winningest coach in Eagles history and the best player in the game. No way do these Chiefs get to the Bowl again and lose like they did to the Bucs.

I'm on the Chiefs hard in this one. For Dawk's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mahomes has not faced a pass rush like the Eagles' this season...and he has (allegedly) a high ankle sprain which basically means he's playing on one leg. The game should be close...very close, but it will come to that. Against the Bengals the ankle bothered him and he pulled through...not sure if he can do the same against this front 7.

The last time Mahomes faced a defense like that in the Super Bowl he got absolutely destroyed. And he had both his ankles fully healthy.

No, Dawk, this is not a reverse jinx. I honestly want the Eagles to win XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

(BTW, I said allegedly because I've had high ankle sprains of my own and just walking without a boot one week after it happened is just impossible. Granted, I'm not a professional athlete, and the health care I get is light years away from what they get but still. Whatever injury Mahomes has, it has troubled him and continue to do so. If it is, in fact, a high anke sprain, lots of respect for him, honestly. But my point remains).

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After writing this I realized something, upon watching a pic of the President and Governor. I live in Queretaro, where the Mexican constitution was written in 1917.

I basically live in Mexico's Philadelphia :O

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The honors show was last night and I didn't know!! I thought it was on saturday!! What the hell, NFL!!!

Oh, well...Mahomes is the MVP, as expected...Nick Bosa stole the DPOY from Micah Parsons and Dak was named man of the year so he'll now wear the Walter Payton patch the rest of his career.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

The Eagles had the best record in football and not a single player or coach won an award. I don't mind the disrespect. We've got bigger fish to fry.

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

At the end of the day, only one trophy matters, Dawk. Now go and get it.

No MVP has won the Super Bowl since 1999. You got this :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wait...Roseman didn't win Executive of the year? :O

13. DawkinsINT

He did. That wasn't part of last night's honors though. No player or coach won anything.

I thought I was going to have a semi-quiet (besides my screaming) night watching the game on Sunday. Suddenly it went from the 3 of us to 10 people, some of whom aren't even really that much into football. It will be a lot of fun leading up to the game, but at kickoff I wouldn't mind just watching by myself to be honest.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I would probably feel the same way if it was my team playing in the Super Bowl. No party for me, just me and my TV and my phone to rant on Twitter XD.

Enjoy the game, Dawk. Best of luck!! You too, Chump.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Of course the weekend of the Eagles being in the Super Bowl I'm sick as a dog. Ugh!!

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The second Eagles fans booed Dak when he received his Walter Payton award I knew they were gonna lose. Hard to overcome that karma. That was an amazing game, though.

Hope you feel better, Dawk. Both physically and emotionally. Better luck next year.

6-7 in the playoffs. Boo me.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

It was a tough way to lose since the game was very winnable, but the Chiefs ran the ball better and didn’t have any turnovers. That’s normally how the Eagles win. They didn’t get it done. I’m glad that Hurts played well though. It gives me more confidence in his future.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It must suck to lose both the World Series and Super Bowl just 3 months apart. I like to think I envy you, especially with both my teams sucking for so long, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of the game, lots of chatter on that holding call at the end of the game. I mean...it was a hold, end of story. Why are people complaining? Because of the timing? I think it balances out with that second fumble return for TD that the refs called back.

That reminds me...I don't know what a catch is anymore...again.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Losing the World Series wasn't all that painful because it was shocking that the Phillies even got there. Losing the Super Bowl was much worse. I'm just shocked we lost in the trenches.

The chatter on the holding call was just because they allowed it all game. Nobody would have talked about it if they called it from the beginning. There were many more reasons that the Eagles lost because of that. As great as he played overall, the Hurts fumble that was returned for a TD was a backbreaker.

TJ likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles, Dawk...we're back to being enemies...

[​IMG]