Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Grade

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by buccaneersonnie, May 2, 2013.

1. Mark Dominik traded away the Buccaneers' first-round pick to land Darrelle Revis. Although a torn ACL could prevent the perennial Pro Bowler from regaining his stellar form, the gamble is a worthwhile risk based on the potential. Johnthan Banks is a talented cover corner with outstanding ball skills. He is a little speed deficient, but his game is so refined that he should be a productive pro. William Gholston is an underrated edge player with intriguing physical tools. If coach Greg Schiano can push the right buttons, he could be a difference maker along the line. In the end, the Buccaneers' draft will be judged on how well Revis returns to health. If he re-emerges as the premier player at his position, not to also mention that they got Akeem Spence DT from Illinois, a talented running back from Miami and DE William Gholston out of Michigan St. the Buccaneers will walk away pleased with their draft this year. All for all this year I'll give them a "GRADE B."

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I really like Banks. He plays hard and was one of the best corners in the game.
    Glennon was a turrible pick. He did not produce at NCSU.
    Spence is feisty. I like the depth he provides.
    Gholston is a dirty player. His older brother is Vernon Gholston...