Tapatalk (Phone App for GridironFans.com) Now Installed

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Mar 12, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I actually had this installed after you first mentioned it and couldn't find anyone on to test it. It got put in the backburner and not activated after that. Last night WARD PM'ed me and got the ball rolling on me finally putting some other behind the scene work to the side and post this thread for some feedback. I am happy to hear it's working well for some of you but am stumped on if there is anything on my end that might be causing the blackberry issues. I'll keep looking though. I suggest that any blackberry members who are having issues should post in the support thread that Jihad Joe posted on the support forum. Maybe a buzz about the issue might rile up someone over there to respond. Joe, got a link?

Yep, look right to me.
    I think the price of the app is not up to Tapatalk and I know it's not by GridironFans.com. I think the Android one is $2.95 and the iPhone and Blakcberry are free.
    Very cool. So what features on the site do/don't you have access to with the Tapatalk app?

BTW for the blackberry users....where did you download the app from? Here is an alternate link. It is a previous version but it might work:

Download Tapatalk (BlackBerry) 0.9.10 beta for Blackberry Free - Tapatalk is the top forum application that allows you to connect to thousands of internet forums. - Softpedia

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Screw that. I get the credit! :-) I would have tested it immediately had you only asked.
    Certainly doesn't sound like anything you can do to help crackberry from your end since the whole app won't load...it's not like the app is working but GIF won't load on it.

Features for webos are just a nice clean post thread with small avatars and no sigs and when you post,quote, delete, or PM it's all done very similar to the email/messaging app format of webos which I love. Little things like swipe to delete PMs and tap a post to quote are quick, intuitive and, handy. Plus as I mentioned. I'm digging the shake to refresh option.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I was gonna ask about BerryBlab, but they dont even have that in App World

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Far as o can see o don't get digs or the o can't Rep but that's just extras I like it .....I can see avatars and such

I paid 2.95for this I was actually waiting for GIF to get it before I bought it

O like the pm feature very easy to use

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

When I suggested SRW bring gif into tapatalk world there was a free demo version for webos I played with a bit. When he finally filled us all in on him doing so there wasn't one anymore. I too forked over 2.95 of my hard earned cash. So far I gotta say it's worth it.

6. Omen

Yup I went android website and it great there too

7. SRW

So the iPhone, Android and WebOS versions work and the Blackberry doesn't for people. Is that correct? Is there anyone that the Blackberry version does work for?

8. Omen

Yes from what read....truthfully that's why I ditched my BB not very fictional for those of use that like to mess with our cells constantly ....I just got a new keyboard app that super spell checks me bB didn't have that

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I don't think your using it right :-)

10. Omen

It Aint perfect ...but overall good job Steve

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Look at the tapatalk MB it seemed hit or miss by blackberry users

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't complain about it at all. Worth the money so far. I like the set up and exactly how phigles describes it.

13. SRW

So how goes day two of the Tapatalk app for everyone? Any new users cfreaking it out? I would love any and all feedback for this feature. I want to make sure it's a viable fit for the users here so I can then work on incorporating it further with our site. Apparently you can get it to work with custom modifications.

14. Omen

Great all post today have been using tapatalk .....

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Still not working for my Berry.....:tsk:

16. SRW

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Would it help if we all kept the tagline option turned on so you can get an idea of how many posts are coming through tapatalk?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Posted all of today's posts through it as well. No problems...

19. Omen

I thoigh the same thing so I turned mine back on

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

20. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

I'm using it, but I won't turn the sig on. I use it for 5 other forums, one my own, and I hate the sig option. Clutters up the forum, IMO.

BTW, you can get your analytics stats under the Forum Owners tab on the Tapatalk website. You can see how many hits you get along with how many unique users are using it with a breakdown with what OS they are using.