Teen sent home for wearing Denver Broncos jersey

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sportsguy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

A teenager said he lost his job in Tacoma, Wash., this past weekend after initially being sent home because he was wearing a Denver Broncos jersey.

Nathaniel Wentz said he was fired by Odyssey 1, a family entertainment center in Tacoma, for not returning to work Sunday. He was sent home after being asked to change out of the Broncos jersey into a standard uniform, according to the company.

But the 17-year-old Wentz told Colorado's NBC affiliate KUSA-TV he was fired for donning a Broncos jersey.

"It was all about you can't," Wentz told KUSA. "You can't represent your team. There's something wrong with that."

The Broncos will face the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 2.

Odyssey 1 acknowledged it invites employees to wear Seahawks jerseys on Sundays in order to "show support" for the team on game days. The company posted a statement on its Facebook page Tuesday, claiming that wearing other teams' jerseys is prohibited in order to "prevent possible conflicts." Tacoma is located about 30 miles south of Seattle.

Source: ESPN

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seems to me like every year we hear news like that... :re:

Steve12 likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yep. We unfortunately do...

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I came here to post this exact same thing.

Omen likes this.
  5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea i agree it does seem we have a story like this every year

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/sty...r-loses-job-after-wearing-broncos-jersey-work
    I think you guys in the US are quick to jump to conclusion. There might be more to the story.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This is a sad way to lose your job.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Pathetic. Use your God given common sense. I wouldn't fire the kid for this trival bullcrap. But he was probably on the way out anyways. Or he did like 99% of all teenagers do and got an attitude with his boss. Either way freak him.

markaz likes this.
  9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:clap: My thoughts exactly. Get ready for the attorneys.