Terrell Owens Wants To Play For The Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Apr 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Terrell Owens wants to continue his NFL career and thinks he would be a natural fit with the Chicago Bears, reports David Kaplan of CSN Chicago.

There is a connection between Owens and Bears first-year head coach Marc Trestman, who was the San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach/offensive coordinator when Owens entered the NFL in 1996. 49ers head coach George Seifert retired after that 1996 season and was replaced by Steve Mariucci.

"I played my first early years in San Francisco with [Bears head coach Marc Trestman] and shortly after that, he left to do some things," Owens said. "I haven't talked to Marc in a long while. I know he's gone on and done some things, now he's back in the NFL. So, I never really thought about it until myself and Napoleon [Harris] were talking about it earlier, but I would definitely welcome it if they would give it some serious consideration. To think about [Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall] on the other side and me on one side, that's really dangerous. I'm keeping myself in shape just for any opportunity that may come about."

Trestman left the 49ers organization after 1996 to become the quarterbacks coach with the Detroit Lions, so the time Owens and Trestman worked together was brief. But when you're 39-years-old and grasping at any opportunity to remain in the NFL, any connection is worth reaching for.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He smells of shame and desperation.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

seriously, it's just getting sad at this point ............ if he was a drug addict, we would just be anticipating an overdose any day now.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hope it happens. I would love another reason to hate the Bears.

5. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

"Desperation is a stinky cologne" Police Chief Grady

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

& just when I was beginning to think you were ok.... :tsk:

:icon_cheesygrin:

Sorry, Terrell

Go somewhere else for your fix.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sorry, but the pain from the Fog Bowl burns deep.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yea, that was a tough one...

Here, let me make it up to you...take Terrell. :icon_cheesygrin:

9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

TO??? God I hope not.....