Terry Bradshaw Hopes Ben Roethlisberger's Suspension Isn't Reduced

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw said he hopes commissioner Roger Goodell keeps Ben Roethlisberger's suspension at six games, according to a report in the Shreveport Times. "Going to bars -- treating women like that; oh my God," Bradshaw said. "I pray they don't cut [his NFLsuspension ] to four games. I hope they leave it at six. There is no excuse for that. The egos get out of hand." The 28-year-old Roethlisbgerger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March. Roethlisberger is scheduled to meet with Goodell on Friday to seek a reduction in thesuspension . Sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask Goodell to lessen the ban to three games and will bring along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case. Bradshaw, who won four Super Bowls as the Steelers' starting quarterback in the 1970s, was also critical of Roethlisberger in April, when the allegations came to light. "He has got to realize who he is," Bradshaw said at the time at his golf tournament in Louisiana. "He is an elite athlete in the National Football League. He's got an image problem right now. Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position again."

Source: ESPN.com

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

terry bradshaw i hope you get raped and die in a fire

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...crazy old man.

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

4 > 2 - show your loyalty Steeler fans. Plus Bradshaw isn't a freaking rapist.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

bradshaw is a c**k block

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

We are showing our loyalty... to ben

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A lesser profile player would have been done for the year and probably be blackballed by the league. Big Ben should be happy he's that he's still got a job.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bradshaw is the man...love him. I also love his craziness. But when a guy is innocent, a guy is innocent...

8. andy82

Innocent? LOL!

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Ballsy!

10. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

What a hater... Ben's gonna break all your records bone head...

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any charges? Any time served? LOL!

12. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

I may not agree with keeping the suspension at 6 but I agree with EVERYTHING else he had to say! He was spot on with his critique of Ben's actions and his responsibilities.

A good man never would've put himself in those situations...yes, plural because it hasn't been once, not twice, not even 3...there have been a total of 4 separate incidents.

He needs to get his crap together cuz right now...it does stink!

I think Ben is a geat football player but I have lost a lot of respect for Ben the human being.

13. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Unfortunetly he didn't to time because the legal system is flawed. I mean we really seen it with the OJ trial. Once I can see maybe a chick is trying to get money, but the second time and all the stuff involved he was guilty. He deserves 6 games easily. He has brought a bad taste to the NFL, and the Steelers. I understand the Steelers having respect for him as their QB, but I don't feel that he should be respected as a man. Just remember if it was a relative of yours you'd probably be singing a different tune about Big Innocent Ben!!

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

All the bad mouthing of TB by SteAler's fans in this thread is despicable.

15. andy82

Oh please, there was so much evidence/witnesses that mysteriously disappeared, plus random cops who popped out of the woodwork in his defence only for them to resign shortly after investigation?

I understand a lot of these girls out there are gold-diggers when it comes to stuff like this, but three accusations (All with him being intoxicated) and the fact he keeps on putting himself in those situations seems to suggest that he ain't completely innocent that you are suggesting. At the very least he's guilty of being a moron.

I'm in no way bias toward Ben or the Steelers, but the six game suspension should be retained.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...sure there was a lot of evidence... But I digress...let's keep bashing the modern day TB, stay on topic and talk about how Ben's suspension should be 4 games at most...

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

bradshaw is and always has been an idiot. not saying ben isnt, but bradshaw can be as critical as he wants of ben. bradshaw is old news no one cares what he has to say

18. andy82

I originally said that the ban should only be 4 games, but I'm a believer in that if a punishment is set, it should be upheld.

Reducing it wouldn't do any favours for the NFL.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

It wasn't "set" at 6 games...it was 4-6...

20. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

As a fan you should be forced to surrender the right to refer to the four Superbowls Bradshaw won because they are 'old news' to you - for you the Steelers should only have two Superbowls... both won with a rapist under center.

1 person likes this.