Texans LB Brian Cushing Suspended 4 Games For Substance Abuse

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pctrips, May 7, 2010.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via his Twitter page that the Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing is going to be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Schefter reports that Cushing appealed his suspension in February and discovered today that his appeal was rejected. Cushing is coming off a great rookie season where he garnered the AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year honor.

Source: Adam Schefter, Twitter

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
  2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

This also means he'll be ineligible for the Pro Bowl next season. Shawne Merriman redux.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

What in the heckin hell?

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Is this really a shock? Many thought he was juiced to his eyeballs during the draft process (Including myself) and this has just backed it up. Just a little worrying that it took a year for the NFL to catch up.

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Yikes wonder if he'll be as good when he gets off the juice.

6. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

The only thing I'm surprised about is that he got away with it the 1st time, and he was appealing it in Febuary and we're just hearing about it. Now I understand the 4th round Darryl Sharpton pick in the draft, they realy kept this under wraps.

7. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Still waiting for the Brakos facepalm......

8. Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

9. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

10. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Not a surprise at all there were rumors of this while at USC. Couple of pictures of him while at USC.

[​IMG]

11. Saintsfan1972

wow...where did you find that pic :icon_cool:

12. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Beat me to it didn't ya.

13. Saintsfan1972

:icon_cheesygrin:

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No surprise...

15. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Brian Cushing does not take steroids. Steroids take Brian Cushing. :specnatz:

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I guess he's going to fall off like Merriman

17. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Folks are super pissed ,4 games. Radio, heck family and tailgate buddies are calling me.
    He doesn't give a flip IMO Cushing was on facebook talking about whoever finds him at the galleria , that he would buy them lunch. As yearly as yesterday. Never has he posted something like that. Nothing but .. vote for me type of crap.
    We need him for those first 4, but we'll see if the team can step up. He's a big loss not to have vs Dallas Clark in the first game.
    Either way this team can make it. I think this kid can bonce back, but he played with a passion. Hope he doesn't miss a beat

:( I'm just glad the FO can't say their crap don't stink. I mean the squeeky clean image for the team is dead. Time to be open to good players even if the past might be a concern. Ppl change ,some stay the same. That's just a risk.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

if people didn't think this dude was on roids then they were fooling themselves.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

And I didn't have one single doubt in my mind about it.

20. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

This is why juice is awesome!!! Anyways, dumb butt cracker should know better than to try and get away with that crap in the NFL. You will get caught doing it, but the crap is awesome