Texans Live with Andre Johnson; Die Without Him

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rjpuckett, Jun 16, 2014.

1. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

It would be in the best interest of the Houston Texans to get Andre Johnson on board for this upcoming season. The man is the face of the franchise and has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for a long time. He caught 109 passes for just over 1,400 yards a year ago, 57 more catches than anyone else on the team. He will be 33 years old before next season, but he is still producing very well. In my opinion, the Texans have done very well this offseason in filling their needs, but all that work goes out the window if […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Andre Johnson is a beast and he will continue to do what he does regardless. I understand his frustration. I think the Texans need a better qb.

3. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

Buck, I thought that the Texans should have kept Schaub. I know he had a bad year, but I think he is still a good quarterback.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

The whole team had a horrible year that year. I also thought Schaub was a good qb even going back to his days as a Falcon backing up Vick. I have my own opinion about the team but I will keep them to myself. I lived in Houston for a while and didn't see the rabid fanbase like in Louisian for the Saints. Therefor when they hit a dry spell they called for a huge change. Stability always helps develop talent.

5. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

Do you guys think the Texans should trade Johnson if a team makes a good enough offer? If you do think they should what do you think is a good enough asking price?

6. Buck Fenson

wow. good question. it is clear he is not happy there now. maybe after TC he may change his mind. If not, then yes trade him. He isn't a burner and he is on the backside of his career, so I would say a third rounder that turns into a second with conditions.

7. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

Buck, I agree with you that the Texans should trade him if he refuses to play. I will be shocked if he does this because I think the Texans have gotten better since last year. I also think Bill O'Brien will do a better job keeping the team playing harder and he will be harder on them so it should make the team more tough. He is 33 and at the end of his career, but he had one of his better season last year even with all the QB controversy. I would start out wanting two 1st round picks for him, but then I would eventually settle on a 1st and 3rd.

8. Buck Fenson

too high of a price. two high picks for maybe 3 years of good Johnson. but I am with you, I think he will be alright now. Just frustration boiling over.