Thankyou for Your Service .... We'll Take it From Here

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by smeags, Nov 11, 2016.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

Not sure how many of you like hip hop, but today the new tribe called quest album comes out. first one in nearly 2 decades. bitter sweet for me as I have always been a huge tribe fan and this album cones out after the passing of phife dawg.

anyhow ... ordered two versions last night, one vinyl, one CD. download came with both. I will be jamming to it on the way to the sixers game tonight.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was a huge Tribe fan, but this totally feels bittersweet as you stated. It almost feels forced. I'll listen to it first before I decide to buy it.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

from what I read they had been working on this for a while. the remaining members of tribe will be the musical guest on SNL tomorrow.

cant help but notice the album title and get the link it has to being released today.

FWIW - questlove gave the album big props after listening to it.

4. DawkinsINT

I think it's released today for the same reason. Normally new releases are on Tuesdays.

5. DawkinsINT

After a couple of listens...not sure how I feel about the album. A few really good songs and some real clunkers. It feels very disjointed, but under the circumstances, I guess that was to be expected.