The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Last time i checked it was the bottom of the 7th it might be the 8th now

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Still bottom of 7th , lead off single by the Yankees.

3. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

hmmmmm think I will put my bet tomorrow on the phillies...... Yankees are just pests

4. Crowned

Yankees got men on the corners 0 outs. Not looking good here for Philly, I'm sure we will start to see Mariano Rivera start to warm up.

5. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Phillies are at home next game too

6. Crowned

3-1 NYY, still no outs

7. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

damn......

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

and on this night, all was quiet in philadelphia

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Damn if the Phillies had a guy like Mo then I would say the Phils win. But Lidge has yet to be tested.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

coaching lost this game. burnett, while very good last night, was throwing 1st pitch meatballs all night a( 25 of 26 batters) and nobody took a cut until the 6th ... also as much as it pains me to admit mccarver was right in the 8th when rollins and victorino were on with utley hitting. they should've been running. but even before that rollins should've stole 2nd when shane was batting.

bottom line is cholly & the coaches have made many correct calls along this ride but we didn't see that last night in a very close game.

hats off to the yankees though.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

^this...

12. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Thursday, October 29th N.Y. Yankees 3 Philadelphia 1
    Saturday, October 31st N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Sunday, November 1st N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 8:20 p.m. FOX
    Monday, November 2nd N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 7:57 p.m. FOX

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Burnett was excellent last night. When he's on his game like that, he's extremely tough to beat. I'll take the split in NY. Hopefully Hamels can find his 2008 magic.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, if nicole can find his nads for tomorrow we could be in good shape. any word on the game 4 starter ? happ ?

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Fat Joe Blanton will be starting Game 4. Manuel didn't want to pitch Lee on 3 days rest since he's never done it before and has thrown a lot of innings this season.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

didnt expect that, blanton's numbers against the yankees aren't that appealing i thought.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i bet hamels 6+ era strikes fear to the hearts of yankees batters.

o/u hamels is pulled by the 5th?

18. Crowned

Hamels will have a solid outing, this is the World Series, I think he will show up.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

his last outing was real good until utley's error.

20. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

he hasnt hit his spots all year, his velocity is down and lefties are teeing off on him. IF he hasnt found it all year and so far the playoffs, I dont think he will find it against the Yanks.

That being said, I understand why Manuel isnt starting Lee on three days rest but it is somewhat Risky. Here's why, say the Yanks take the next game, they will go to CC in game 4 against Blanton. Say the Yanks take that game they are now up 3-1. Lee starts game 5 and wins with the off day the yanks throw Pettitte game 6 and if they need to they Now have sabathia on 5 days rest vs 3 days for Lee.

And I fully expect it to go 7, unless either team just starts teeing off.