The 2009 World Series Thread - Phillies Vs. Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 21, 2009.

1. cris80

cris80 comic relief

URL burped. Let's try that again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfU6p7JZ9U8"]YouTube - phils celebration with a drunk dude[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

CC couldn't help the brewers do crap against us last year. Shane hit a grand slam off of him. The Phillies lineup is beast with a pitcher, we go to NY and get to have Stairs or Francisco added to our lineup. NY loses a bat in Philly. We won 2 out of 3 from them this year and that was after they won 9 games in a row.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Ive grown up a Yankee hater.. this is going to be a terrible WS for me.. but have to go with the Yankees if they can pull out the win tonight. Cant ever see myself cheering for a division rival. Although I do agree both teams deserve to be going, their lineups are amazing.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...that's a great video.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

And so it be...

Phillies vs. Yankees

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

wonderful, now we get to hear the loud mouthed, oily, hairy backed yankees fans bragging about how they are so much better than us in everything from baseball teams, to how their grandma's make better spaghetti sauce while try to convince the world that their mustach sporting girlfriends & sisters are the hottest thing walking.

bah, piss of, all of you can take your 26 rings and shove them straight up your collective asses along with all the other assorted objects you twits put up there on a weekly basis.

phillies in 5.

10. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

World Series - Philadelphia vs N.Y. Yankees

Wednesday, October 28th Philadelphia at N.Y. Yankees 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Thursday, October 29th Philadelphia at N.Y. Yankees 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Saturday, October 31st N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Sunday, November 1st N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 8:20 p.m. FOX
    Monday, November 2nd N.Y. Yankees at Philadelphia 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Wednesday, November 4th Philadelphia at N.Y. Yankees 7:57 p.m. FOX
    Thursday, November 5th Philadelphia at N.Y. Yankees 7:57 p.m. FOX

11. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Yanks in 6 or 7.

We'll split or win the 1st 2
    Phillies take 2 at home
    Yankees win game 6 and game 7 of it goes 7

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Teixeira is catching fire, just in time to light up the Phillies and win the the MVP and world series.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Great...another match-up where I can't pick a team. It feels like Super Bowl XLII all over again.

Screw it. Phillies in 7.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

dude, the angels handed you that series. 8 crucial freaking errors.

greese monkey puuulease. :icon_rolleyes:

16. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

I stand by my original prediction. The Yankees in 6. Nothing against the Phillies or their fans, but I just don't see them beating that "all money" lineup in NY.

Plus, if Yankees win and win a few more, maybe we can start discussing a Salary Cap that will allow my Pirates to have a chance.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Go Phillies! Screw the Yankees!

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am hoping the yankees are as arrogant as their fans.

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ever meet another phillies fan? i live with one and have about a million within walking distance, and 3/4 of them are new fans within the last...umm, 2 years.

cause back 3-4 years ago you ask a philadelphia sports fan about the phillies and you would get "no one cares about baseball, we got the eagles"

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

not sure what's more pathetic, the thought that you actually took the time to ask one million phillies fans that question or your attempt to use that garbage as an analogy to my comment.