The 2011 Nationals Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by HailttRedskins, Mar 27, 2011.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

The 2011 Nationals Thread (We Can't Spell)

Yeah I know I'm probably the only Nationals fan on this site, but I don't give a crap. We're not finishing last this year in the NL East, believe that, METS.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Gonna post a vbook event on how long this thread will remain active.....+/- 3weeks into the season. :icon_cheesygrin:

3. HailttRedskins

Better bet the +!

Nyjer Morgan was finally released which is good, gives Bernadina and Morse now the opportunity to be in the lineup every game. Morse already has the LF job, but Morgan was just a joke and kept holding out Bernadina for God knows why. His defense was so so, usually his speed made up for any errors he caused, but his leadoff hitting was absolutely terrible.

Glad to see him go. Looks like the guy we got in return isn't as good, but I don't know much so I'll wait and see.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Morgan wasn't released, he was traded for Cutter Dykstra of all people. Cutter is son of Nails, one of my favorite players, but he sucks and hasn't crap since being drafted in the second round. I'll take the under on this thread.....

5. HailttRedskins

Yeah I meant to say traded, but obviously put released, guess I was still thinking about some of the players on the Redskins who might get released. I wasn't expecting much in return for him anyways, the dude is trash.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

the nats will be a tough team to contend with next year when starsburg gets back and bryce harper gets going. this year is going to help them for free agents i think. guys may take more then a passing glance at the nats with that kind of talent and a cvhance to join a team ready to make a run. the braves and phils best not sleep on washington.

7. HailttRedskins

We have the pitching rotation getting better which has killed us the past couple of seasons. With Zimmermann being 100% healthy we at least have a strong starter, then with Livan to back him up and Lannan we should be good. I hate Lannan, but if he can keep going off of what he did towards the end of last season we should be good.

The new guy we got, Grozelanny (sp) is pretty damn good from the looks and he'll be the 5th day starter. I don't like that Riggleman sent Detwiler down to the minors. I honestly wouldn't be worried till the Nationals get a manager, Riggleman drives me crazy with some of the stuff he does.

I honestly believe if Morgan didn't say his time was limited here, he would have been the opening day starter in centerfield. Again Bernadina gets snuffed by Riggleman, really don't know why he hates the guy, but Ankiel is a beast so I guess it's 50/50 either way, though I'd rather have Dina's speed as a leadoff.

8. HailttRedskins

Just heard there will be a fly over of F16's at the game, pretty badbutt. Hasn't been one for quite sometime.

9. HailttRedskins

Really don't know what the hell Riggleman is doing, sends Bernadina to AAA and then trades Alberto, dude clearly wants to have a ball club full of 35+ year old dinosaurs.

10. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Tomorrow, sir. Braves @ Nationals. Season opener. Good luck. Though, I do hope the opener for the Nats ends in disappointment. :]

11. HailttRedskins

It's going to be a wet one and if the Nationals play like they did last year in the rain, you all will get murdered. They will easily put up 12. Don't know what it was with them and the rain, but it was their good luck charm last season.

Should be a good game, but I see us winning it.

12. Chipper10

not so fast. lol. may have been their good luck charm last year. but, yeah. Braves going to be really tough to deal with this year, and Nats always are.

13. HailttRedskins

When you have an ump calling a strike zone for you guys the way he has this game, definitely is going to be tough playing you guys. Most pathetic strike zone I've ever seen.

Game isn't over yet though, we'll see if we can make a comeback.

14. Chipper10

Lol. Riight. -SMH-

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

you're not alone
    I'm far more of a Braves fan, but I do want to see the Nats succeed, except for those games against the Braves :D

16. HailttRedskins

If you honestly believe this strike zone has been called the same way for both pitchers (Livan and Lowe) you clearly have just started following baseball. I've never seen a worse strike zone in quite some time.

This guy is making a run with Joe West for the worst ump in the league this season. You have been given crazy pitches way off the right side of the plate all game, while if we flirted with the line it was a ball.

Unfortunately the MLB is pathetic and will take down any video uploaded to YouTube, otherwise I would show you exactly what I'm talking about.

Either way, Riggleman is a freaking moron and I hope they fire his butt before the midway point. Honestly don't see why he brings up players like Nix. Most pathetic manager in baseball, we need to bring Robinson back.

17. Chipper10

First game of the season. You're whining about umps. Whatever, man. I've followed baseball as long as I can remember. Played it my whole life. You're gonna get calls, and you're not. There's been quite a few border line pitches the Braves havent gotten. Its baseball. It's the way the game goes. Take it, and move on.

18. HailttRedskins

If you've played baseball your entire life, then you know exactly what I'm talking about with Lowe getting calls and Livan not, glad we agree.

19. HailttRedskins

Looks like the Nationals love being the highlight of stupid spelling mistakes. Honoriing? I'm hoping it's for the twin towers, being it's a September 11th line, but I have a feeling it isn't.

[​IMG]

20. HailttRedskins

Oops double post.