The 2022 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 4, 2022.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Free Agency starts in 2 weeks, so might as well...

Social media is going crazy today with the BREAKING NEWS from Adam Schefter regarding the POSSIBILITY of the Cowboys cutting Amari Cooper to save 15 million against the cap.

I mean...we all knew it was coming. We were just in denial. I know I was. And just wait...one year from now we're cutting Zeke, and I expect all heck to break loose...

The Cowboys handle the salary cap like I handled credit cards 10 years ago...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Philly sports media talking a lot about Russell Wilson coming to the Eagles. I'm not sure if it's something that I want. I'd like them to use all of these draft picks to build a more complete team, especially on defense.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Crazy day today in the NFL:

Aaron Rodgers stays in GB after signing a 4-year 200 million deal. I knew Dak's contract would be a bargain sooner rather than later.

And in the first blockbuster trade of the season, Russell Wilson goes to Denver in exchange for a gazillion picks and Drew Lock.

The NFC looks totally winnable now and the Cowboys are still unaware that the salary cap is fake.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I'm glad the Eagles weren't able to make a deal for Wilson (since he wouldn't lift the no-trade clause). That is a lot to give up.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The year is 2026. Dak Prescott just won the Super Bowl with the London Jaguars while the Cowboys went 2-15 but with over 80 million in cap space. Stephen Jones called it a success.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

ATTENTION PHILLY FANS!! COWBOYS FANS!! GIANTS FANS!!

Carson Wentz is back in the NFC East. The WC team just traded for him. Can't wait to see the welcome he receives at the Linc.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

HOLY SHITE! The NFC East just got a lot more fun!

TJ likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The thing is it's going to be hard for Flores to prove Ross made that offer. I don't believe for a second Ross was stupid enough to make it in writing or via e-mail or chat. If it existed, it was spoken in person. Even if there are witnesses, Ross has enough money to hire an army of shark lawyers whose only purpose will be to demolish those witnesses moral quality. I know what you're thinking: "but TJ, the NFL is investigating those allegations" and my anwer to that is simply two words: Dan Snyder. Goodell works for the owners, don't forget that.

Is there racism in the NFL? Yes, of course. And we'll never get rid of it. The owners have the right to hire whoever they want. A son of a white coach with no experience has better chances to get one of those jobs than a qualified black man with years of experiense (see Bienemy, Eric). That's the way it goes, and it's not only in the NFL. Is it fair? No. Does it suck? Yes. But that's the way it goes. If you want to do things "the right way", go buy an NFL team.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys just traded Amari Cooper to the Browns for a fifth round pick. Sounds like too little but the way I see it we get a late-round pick (a lottery ticket, basically) and 20 million in delicious cap room to overpay for someone else and do this again next year.

The definition of madness...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

A 5th...wow. I know he's not the same player that he used to be but that does seem awful low. I wouldn't have minded the Eagles giving a 5th for him.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A WR1 with less than 900 yards in 16 games is not worth 20 million a year. I'm sorry, but you're as good as your last season, and Cooper's production took a dive last year. Either we're getting rid of him just as his prime is over, or we just overreacted to a bad year. We'll see.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

DeSean Watson will not be charged (not the same as saying "he's innocent and cleared his name" like Schefter did, but it's a start) and now the Saints, of all teams, are rumored to be the front runners to trade for him. Yes, the 100 million over the cap Saints!! How is it possible? Why are the Cowboys the only team in the league that hasn't figured out the salary cap is fake?!?!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tom Brady just pulled a Brett Favre and announced he's un-retiring. Imagine spending 2 months with your wife and kids and deciding "nope...not for me. I'd rather go get hit by huge guys".

Also the Cowboys re-signed Michael Gallup who torn his ACL in december so I don't know how likely it is for him to be ready for the season but it's something, I guess. He'll be cut in 2024...2 years later, like the rest...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

I'm glad Brady unretired. I'm not ready to move on to a Bradyless NFL.

TJ likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Steelers sign Mitch Trubisky and I'm left scratching my head. I expected them to make a push for Jimmy G.

Bengals are reinforcing their horrible OL. Good for them.

17. DawkinsINT

Eagles sign Haason Reddick. Great move to help their pathetic pass rush. I'm very happy about this.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys re-signed the guy I wanted them to re-sign in Randy Gregory, right after DeMarcus Lawrence signed a guaranteed extension to lower his cap number. I wanted/expected Gregory to give some kind of discount...the Cowboys have been incredibly patient with him and his addiction issues and his suspensions. But good for him...went out and got paid.

Also, Aaron Rodgers' extension turned out to be "only" 150 million over three years, fully guaranteed. You know who's kicking himself right now? Patrick Mahomes...

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Looks like Randy Gregory changed his mind and signed with the Broncos. F that guy. He'll relapse without the support structure the Cowboys built for him over the past years. Hope I'm wrong...still, F that guy.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, I take that back. I was going to delete it, but nah...it's ok.

Randy Gregory didn't change his mind. The Cowboys (Stephen Jones, certainly) tried to change the contract language at the last minute and Randy walked away and didn't look back. Good thing Stephen is the son of the owner of the company, or he'd be fired and probably even sued right now.

I cannot believe this. Such a BS move.

I apologize to Randy Gregory. I hope he doesn't relapse...even with legal weed in Colorado and all that...I hope he succeeds and finds the peace he's been looking for.

F Stephen Jones, you effing moron.

DawkinsINT likes this.