The 2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 27, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The conclussion of the Aaron Rodgers soap opera is expected today. Apparently the Jets - Packers deal is done and they're just waiting for Rodgers to give the ok. Very similar to a nother Packers - Jets soap opera from 15 years ago. Feels like a reboot.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Giants get Darren Waller from Raiders for a 3rd. That is going to be a big matchup problem for teams in the NFCE, especially for the Eagles since they have no linebackers currently.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys traded a 5th round pick for Stephon Gilmore which reminded me of when we got Keyshawn Johnson and Eddie George back in 2005. Great players, sure...but way past their primes. He's still better than any other corner on the roster not named Diggs so it's ok, I guess?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok...for once, I'm the cynical a**hole in social media. Everybody seems to love the move. Interesting...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

To only give up a 5th rounder for Gilmore is excellent. I hope he loses a step next year but as an Eagles fan it doesn’t make me happy.

Eagles able to keep Bradberry. They are going to have to do something with Slay’s contract. I hope they manage to hold on to him with a restructured deal.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Looks like the Cowboys will release Ezekiel today. I was hoping he'd take a pay cut and stay, but I totally understand why he won't do it. I just hate that his last play as a Cowboy was...that one :(

Who knows, maybe after nobody offers him more than the vet minimum he realizes the situation and comes back, but it's unlikely...

Feels exactly like the Dez Bryant cut all those years ago...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I can understand how it would hurt to lose Zeke, but it really feels like his best days are behind him.

TJ likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Looks like the Eagles are cutting Darrius Slay. Damn...I was hoping they could restructure his deal. They better keep CJGJ for this.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was reported yesterday that they tried to trade him...they even called the Cowboys before they traded for Stephon Gilmore...

Never trust a division rival offering you one of their players XD

10. DawkinsINT

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's a slow day at work so God help me, I'm currently watching the Pat McAffee show where apparently Aaron Rodgers will announce what he'll be doing.

The Decision 2023.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Geez...even Brett Favre handlet his exit from the Packers better than this.

He wants to go to the Jets, and he's waiting for them and the Packers to work out a deal.

We already knew that. I want that half hour of my life back.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So...uh...with Brady and Rodgers gone, who is the best QB in the NFC today?

Hurts? Stafford? Dare I say...Prescott? :O

The NFC is wide open and the time is now. We need to go all in and if we lose by 50 in the Super Bowl to the Chiefs or Bengals or Bills or Jets or Chargers so be it XD

14. DawkinsINT

Wow...now it seems the Eagles are keeping Slay with a reworked deal.

I'm unhappy that the reupped Fletcher Cox at 10M. He's not good any longer. I really wanted young blood in there. I will be really angry if his money is what prevents CJGJ from coming back. Apparently Denver is talking to him too. My fingers are crossed that Howie can make this work.

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ha. How strange...usually it goes the other way around. "We're signing this guy", just to say no, we're not in the last minute.

So the Cowboys cut Zeke, restructured a few other deals, and now they have almost 40 million of delicious cap room. Stephen must be having an orgasm right now. Of course it won't be used, as most of the top free agents are already gone...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Nice read as always, Chump.

15 years ago Rodgers opened his Packers era by declaring "I'm not Brett Favre". Well, turns out he's just a d!ck pic away from becoming him.

And remember...where the Bucs and Rams succeeded, the Broncos failed, with Russell Wilson. Where will the Jets attempt land? I think the latter.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Cowboys pick up Brandin Cooks for a 5th & 6th. I'm not sure why he dropped off so much last season, but his speed paired with Lamb could make for a really good combo.

TJ likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

CJGJ signs with the Lions for $8M one year deal. Apparently the Eagles gave him a 3 year offer that he turned down. I'm pissed that most likely the Cox signing prevented them from keeping him.

TJ likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I mean...it's not bad, it's still better than signing OBJ for his ridiculous demands (20 million per year)...but Deandre Hopkins and Jerry Jeudy were available :(

Cooks has been traded every year since 1988 (approximately). I don't get it, really, because he's not a bad player. But yeah, as a #2 or #3 he could really help a receiving corps that struggled last year with Ceedee as the only real threat.

So far an intensive offseason for the Joneses. Kept most of the core and added two solid veterans to help in positions of need. I like it because it enables us to go down the Best Player Available path in the draft, which has worked wonders in the past (Ceedee, Micah)...way better than when we draft for a specific need (Taco Charlton, anyone?).

DawkinsINT likes this.