The 2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 27, 2023.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He’s just an assistant. I don’t think he can do much harm.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's draft week and I have successfully avoided all the mocks, all the coverage, all the BS that has been on the waves these past couple of months. I have no idea what the Cowboys are going to do, but looking at the roster, they should go the BPA route that has been so successful in the past. I might watch the first round only, as I don't care about the rest of the show, just the picks, which I get on my phone as soon as they're done.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

I have to turn off all draft talk. Everything about the Eagles is a debate over whether they should draft Bijan or not. I don't even know if I want them to or not. I'm fine either way. I just can't wait for the draft to be over so we can move forward.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Aaron Rodgers has finally been traded to the Jets. They swap 1st round picks with the Packers, plus a 2nd round pick, a 2024 2nd round pick (that becomes a 1st round pick if Rodgers plays on 65% of the snaps), and the Jets receive a 5th round pick in return.

The NFC is now wide open while the AFC has all the best QBs.

And now I expect Rodgers to play for the Vikings next season so the Favre cycle can be complete.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I’ll be rooting hard against the Jets.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think it will be a disaster, like Favre was in the end. And they got absolutely fleeced in the deal. They just saw the Browns and Broncos do deals like that and said "hey, I want to screw up too!!"

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Lamar Jackson saga is over earlier than expected. He caved: 5 years, 260 million, 185 million guaranteed. One million higher than Hurts' deal average per year, and more guarantees.

Oh, yeah, there's also that draft thing later today...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I have to go to bed an hour into the draft. I don’t know if I can do it if the Eagles haven’t made a move first.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles pick 10th. If every team in front of you take all 10 minutes to pick, you're looking at an hour and a half.

Cowboys pick at 26. I don't think I'll make it...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We're 6 picks in. If Jalen Carter falls to the Eagles at 10, I'll riot. I need to go out and will come back for the final 5 picks or so...I hope I catch the Cowboys pick.

11. DawkinsINT

Rumors are out
    They traded up to 9 to get him. Is that riotable?

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes. I hate football again. Bills traded up and got Kincaid right under our nose.

I don't mind a defensive tackle. It was a position of need, and I can't question Will McClay's track record since he runs the draft (he does...Jerry wants you to believe that he does it himself, but it's all McClay since like 2010).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

The Eagles just drafted a CB from Georgia named Ringo. He's the 5th Georgia defensive player they have drafted in the last 2 years (3rd in this draft). I remember when Roseman used to always gamble on players from smaller schools. I love his new approach.

14. DawkinsINT

Wow...now the Eagles just traded for D'Andre Swift...a former Georgia Bulldog from Philly. These last two days have been phenomenal!

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys draft wasn't too flashy. Not sexy positions (DT, LB, RB) but I like it. Will McClay has earned the benefit of the doubt. I see at least two immediate starters in this class and up to 3 more who might get there eventually.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Schedule comes out on thursday!! I saw networks no longer "own" conferences (no more NFC on Fox and AFC on CBS), and all games can be in any network. I'm sure having 8 of the top 10 QBs currently in the AFC had nothing to do with that XD.

Let's see if the opener is a super bowl re-match. I think it will be.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

My main concern is prime time games. I hate Thursday night games especially. Give me early Sunday as much as possible.

TJ likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Jason & Travis Kelce's mom posted that it will be Eagles-Chiefs week 2. Schefter retweeted her so she may be right.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Interesting. In that case the opener will be against either the Bills or Bengals...still good games either way.

So Cowboys - Eagles in Sunday Night week 1?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

The season will open with the Chiefs vs......the Lions??? The Lions are an improved team but you are not going to get people amped for the opener when Detroit is involved. They already have Thanksgiving.

TJ likes this.