The 2023 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 27, 2023.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I mean, with Rodgers gone the NFC North looks wide open but still...the Lions are still a year or two (and a QB) away from contending IMO.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Several outlets reporting that the Eagles will open in New England. It will be Tom Brady Night. Please please please spoil that for him, Eagles!!

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Super Bowl rematch set for November 20th on Monday Night Football.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I'm glad the Eagles entire schedule has leaked. Now I can just concentrate on the Sixers game tonight. Their schedule is so tough. If they somehow end up being a better team than last year it probably won't show in their W/L record. It's brutal.

TJ likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

Check out this brutal stretch for the Eagles:
    1. Week 9: Eagles vs. Cowboys, Sunday, 4:25 p.m. Nov. 5

2. Week 10: BYE

3. Week 11: Eagles at Chiefs, Monday, 8:15 p.m. Nov. 20

4. Week 12: Eagles vs. Bills, Sunday, 4:25 p.m. Nov. 26

5. Week 13: Eagles vs. 49ers, Sunday, 4:25 p.m. Dec. 3

6. Week 14: Eagles at Cowboys, Sunday, 8:20 p.m. Dec. 10

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, the WC team sale is finally official. As a Cowboys fan this is a sad day. As a human being, I couldn't be happier.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dan Quinn spoke to the media during this weekend's Cowboys rookie minicamp and was asked about Micah Parsons saying he'll make the switch to full-time edge rusher. He's a rushing linebacker, he said. He still expects him to play some snaps as off the ball LB.

I'm sure this won't be a controversy next year as his extension negotiations begin. Not at all!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

DeAndre Hopkins got released and he's still a free agent after a week?!?! WHAT?!?! Why has nobody signed him? Are his demands just too high? He's way, way, WAY better than Beckham Jr who just got 14 million guaranteed after missing a full year with an ACL. Hopkins should be worth at least twice that. Not many teams have that cap room, I guess.

If I were Jerry, I'd throw the 20 million I have in cap space at him and pray he accepts.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Philly sports talk has been split on if Eagles should try to sign Hopkins assuming that he will take less than $10M for a chance at a SB. I think they have too many priorities on defense to use that money on a 3rd WR.

TJ likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Every year I tell myself not to pay much attention to OTA's and preseason because as fans we don't really learn too much. So of course yesterday afternoon I read 4 or 5 reports about the Eagles first OTA.

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I usually only focus on who's participating and who's not. Most of the times, veteran super-stars skip them or show up but don't do much. This year, Zack Martin is there but only watched from the sidelines. I guess when you have a 10-year Hall of Fame career you can take workouts off if you want and I'm fine with that. The one thing that drew my attention is that Tony Pollard is ahead of schedule in his recovery from surgery back in january and he says he could've had a few practices if the medical and coaching staff let him, which of course, they didn't. I'd be surprised even if he takes carries in the preseason.

Micah Parsons says he'll play all the defensive positions this year...and I believe him. I wonder if they'll try him at kicker...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LMAO wrong thread XD

13. DawkinsINT

Dalvin Cook to be released by the Vikings. Supposedly the Dolphins & Broncos have already showed interest. Cook on the Dolphins would be pretty sick.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Really sucks to be a RB in today's NFL.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So yesterday both the Cowboys and Mariners writers (Bot Sturm and Corey Brock) were fired from The Athletic and I took it personally because I have reasons to believe I'm the only person who roots for both teams in the whole world. A real shame because they grew on me and became part of my favorite writers. My subscription runs until february next year but unless something drastic changes, I won't be renewing it this time. That was the first time I paid to read content on the Internet, something I swore I'd never do...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

A couple of really good Philly writers got axed by The Athletic too. I don't subscribe but came close to doing so a few months ago. I'm glad I didn't.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So Zack Martin is considering not reporting to training camp. He's a 1st ballot HOF Guard at this point in his career and he's criminally underpaid, making about 7 million less than the top paid guards.

Go get your money, Zack. Squeeze Jerry for every single penny. You earned it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Gentlemen,

I participate in a few eliminator pools annually.

Let me know if you guys want me to send you the info on 'em.

They all have multiple participants and pay out nicely if you hit.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Training camp opened today and Zack Martin did not report as he said he wouldn't.

I swear to God...if Jerry plays hardball with him, after playing hardball with Dak and after giving Zeke pretty much a blank check that he's still cashing even after being cut from the team...we have the dumbest GM in sports...and he can't be fired. FML.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

He's not the most likeable cat in football either.

TJ likes this.