The 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 30, 2024.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Jason Kelce is having a press conference this afternoon. I guess he's retiring. It sucks because he can still play. He'll have no problem getting a job in media.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You guessed right.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Best retirement speech that I've ever heard. I laughed my ass off when he said Nick Foles had the biggest d**k on the team. He's legend.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In news that surprised absolutelly no one, the Cowboys picked up Micah Parson's 5th year option for 2025.

In news that suprised a lot of people, me included, they designated him a DE, not a LB, which was his nominal position since he was drafted, and it's way cheaper. I kind of expected a dispute over this, but apparently Jerry and Stephen will play nice. Now when they hit him with the tag in 2026 it will probably be as DE.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys fans: Jerry doesn't care about winning. He just cares about the money and it shows in the team's culture.

Random former Cowboys player on a random podcast: Yeah, it always seemed to me that stuff other than football was more important during my time there...

Cowboys fans: YOU'RE JUST BITTER!!! WE LET YOU GO BECAUSE YOU SUCK!!! WE DEM BOYZ!!!!

I love Twitter.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tony Pollard headed to Tennessee. 3 years 24 million. By all means!! Thank you!!

Russell Wilson headed to Pittsburgh. Should be fun.

Free agency already starting.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Rumors are that the Eagles are in talks with Saquon. I don't like it. I'm not sure he will ever be the same. He's been average the last few years. I wanted to keep Swift but he signed with the Bears.

TJ likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Eagles sign Bryce Hall from the Jets. Double digit sack edge rusher. He would be great in a rotation. My fear is that this really means Hasaan Riddick and/or Josh Sweat is leaving. I would love all 3.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dorance Armstrong and Tyler Biadasz are joining Dan Quinn in Washington.

For once, I'm happy Jerry is not overpaying his own guys anymore, but I really think Armstrong was a must keep. He was our second best pass rusher the past couple of years. Nobody notices because the focus is on Parsons. Biadasz started at center for 4 years...he was solid, but not spectacular, and I was hoping we'd keep him too at a reasonable price.

Now there are two more holes on the roster. You know...we're all-in.

BTW, we only have 2 million of cap space to start free agency. Again...all-in, baby!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kirk Cousins to the Falcons on a 4-year deal. Guy just keeps cashing in.

I wonder if the Vikings interest in Trey Lance is real...and how much they are willing to pay...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Barkley to the Eagles is a done deal, apparently.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Holy crap!! Barkley's deal is for 3 years and 37 million, 26 million guaranteed.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I don't care about the money because the Eagles have plenty, especially next year. I only care that he can be the type of player he started off as. Hopefully the change will do for him what it did for CMC going to SF.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

On the first day of free agency 31 teams made signings. You will never guess who was the one team who didn't. Hint: They said they were "all in" this year XD

I hate loving this stupid team...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Derrick Henry to the Ravens. 2 years, 16 million. He's the one free agent RB I wanted the team tu persue but I guess that was still too expensive for them.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Henry's style seems like a perfect fit for the Ravens. I can already picture him in their uniform.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I love Cowboys fans. So dumb and delusional...

Random Cowboys fan: Dak sucks. Let's trade him for 3 first round picks.
    Me: If he sucks, how is he worth 3 first round picks?
    RCF: That's what they got for Wilson and Watson.
    Me: But...Wilson has made it to 2 super bowls...and won one.
    RCF: Dak is better
    Me: So why do you want to trade him?
    RCF: Because he sucks.
    Me: (Brain implodes).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

LMAO...is that real convo you had with someone??

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, I did. I thought I could find good conversations in the comments section in The Athletic but boy, how wrong I was.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

That's hilarious. Every fan base has those types. There is definitely no shortage of Eagles fans like that.

TJ likes this.