The 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 30, 2024.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BREAKING!!! THE COWBOYS FINALLY MADE A MOVE!! THIS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE!! THE COWBOYS SIGNED SOMEONE!!!

Let's see...

Trent Sieg. Long Snapper.

Chills, man. Chills!! Jerry and Stephen are cooking again.

(((Throws his phone out the window)))

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Eagles just re-signed their long snapper too. Punter as well.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Some weird spin going around in Cowboys Twitter and reporters covering the team, which say that Dak has refused extending or even restructuring his contract. This can mean one of two things:

1) The Organization (The Joneses) are throwing him under the bus and will blame Dak for their inability (unwillingness) to sign free agents.

2) It's true and he's had enough and intends to play for Dallas one more year and then become a free agent in 2025 which will most certainly make him the highest paid player ever by average and total.

Remember, Dak has a no trade and a no tag clause. He basically holds all the leverage. It takes two to tango and so far looks like he has refused.

This could get very interesting...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Oh, wow. I heard his brother was pissed at the Cowboys organization and praised the Eagles front office.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

At this point, Dak needs to go. Not because he hurts the Cowboys, but because the Cowboys hurt him.

I want to see him win a Super Bowl with the Panthers or Bears...and even an MVP with less impressive numbers than the ones he had in 2023.

I want to quit this team too, but I don't think I can. It's been clear for years that they don't care...I just realized recently.

Oh well...two weeks for Opening Day. Go, Mariners...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys are finally on the board after signing LB Eric Kendricks.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Stephen Jones crying on the radio about not having enough cap room to sign free agents is a new low for me. There's literally like 5 things they can do to produce over 40 million of cap room and 3 of those don't even need a players' approval. Of course they will want their yearly salary in one big fat payment over the summer!!!

The good thing is that the fanbase is not believing his BS anymore. They either don't understand the cap, or they just think their fans are dumb and will fall for it. I think it's a little bit of both.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Woah...Aaron Donald has announced his retirement. An all-time great.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After signing Russell Wilson, the Steelers are trading Kenny Picket to the Eagles and a pick swap...still don't know which round.

As for Donald, I sometimes hate the hyperbole when a HOF player retires because now they're calling him the best defender in NFL History. I can think of at least 2 better than him: LT and Reggie White. Yeah, I'm old. Donald is top 5. I'm willing to concede top 3, but not 1st.

10. DawkinsINT

I'm not sure if I like the Pickett trade due to the 3rd rounder they gave up for him. I didn't really watch enough of him to have an opinion but what I did see was not too impressive.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He'll do to Hurts what Hurts did to Wentz XD

Well...maybe not. It would be funny, though...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys are releasing WR Michael Gallup and LB Leighton Vander Esch. One week too late, as usual.

I thought Gallup would be restructured. Maybe he refused a paycut. He was never the same after the ACL. Same with Vander Esch who was injured all the time.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tyron Smith is signing with the Jets and my long weekend is officially ruined. See you on tuesday...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm back to rant about the cap again.

One month ago the New Orleans Saints were 80 million over the cap. 80 MILLION!!! They're extending players and signing free agents and now have about 16 million of cap room!! Twice the Cowboys cap room.

Stephen Jones wants me to believe the Cowboys are not making moves because they have no cap room.

F*CK THIS TEAM AND F*CK THIS FAMILY!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The owners saw last years results, how everybody keeps complaining about the refs and how an alarmingly increasing number of people now believes the league is rigged and asked themselves "how can we make this worse?"

They just banned the "hip drop tackle" (unanimously, btw) and I honestly don't know how these guys will tackle anymore.

Bro, we were joking about the flag football thing...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

I had to look up 'hip drop tackle' yesterday to know what it was.

TJ likes this.
  17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I mean, you can't hit high, now you can't hit low...seriously, how? How are they going to tackle now?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

So now the NFL has changed the kickoff rules to XFL style. It is going to be weird at first, but since only 2 of 10 kickoffs were returned last year, I can't say I hate this change.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I actually like that. The kick-off was becoming boring and dangerous (bad combo) so this will at least should make it a little safer. I do wonder how onside kicks will work now, or are we just done with them? If you fall by 10 with 2 minutes left, just call the game, I guess...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

Now the NFL announces 2 Christmas games this year. Christmas is on a Wednesday! That is so unfair to those teams to play such a short week. All they care about is money.

TJ likes this.