The Drop down menus are a pain in the ass

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Buffgrandpa, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

Can't we set up the drop down menus to be click and drop instead of dropping down in my way every time I slide by them?

2. Datamigo

Datamigo Rookie

There should be a timer setting in the script that will delay the drop down for a few seconds...

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Stop sliding by them... :lol:

FEAR THE CURSOR!!!

4. Buffgrandpa

:taunt: Aren't you supposed to be at work or something? :taunt:

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I am working ya doofus!!! :kiss:

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I can change that, I'll work on it this weekend and see how it works. I doubt I will have time to really work on it until this weekend though, sorry... :(

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Don't be sorry SRW, it's just Pops :roll:

8. SRW

Heh...true :mrgreen:

But what the hell....I edited it, let me know if that's better folks.

9. Buffgrandpa

SRW, when you are spanking her butt this weekend, give her a couple of extra hard swats for me and yell "Who's your Daddy". [smilie=beatadeadhorse.gif]

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:lol: hahahahahahahahahaha

11. SRW

So....anyone notice a change? Is it better now?

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

it is. they are gone faster now

13. Buffgrandpa

gone faster, but still there, kind of like treating genital warts... :twisted:

14. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i think they work better now as well

15. Buffgrandpa

What the heck works better? You move over the drop downs and they drop down, no matter where you are trying to go... what the hell is the hang up with drop downs that drop automatically? Is anyone else really using those things to navigate? Most real people click on links to navigate, not drop down menus.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ok, look....no one has snitched about the drop down menus but YOU...The reason the drop down menus were added was because we were getting numerous PMs about navigating the site and people were having trouble so we made it easier, now what I want to know is, you know that the menus are there, why do you continue to hover your cursor way up there when you know that the menus will drop. What works better is that they disappear faster ONCE you take your freaking cursor off of them...capeesh???

17. Buffgrandpa

Uh gee lets try a little logic... no they don't always disappear right away either... my display is set at 1280x1024. I would suppose that most people are at that or less. Of course there will be a few that are more, but they will be the minority. Now. at that resolution the drop down menus are centered and take up about 2/3 of the screen, which means that unless I take a concentrated effort, after clicking on my bookmark/favorite, to move clear to the left or the right, I will pass over one of the freaking drop down menus that get in my way when I am trying to navigate.. That is IF I decide to wait the minute ot two it takes for the freaking feeds to load... btw what ever happened to that complaint?? Anyway.. maybe if you would start listening once in awhile instead of just freaking complaining you might realize why there are only 10 people posting on this site anymore..

18. SRW

Buff, is this the previous complaint you are referring to?

http://www.forums.gridironfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=47468

If it is the ESPN toolbar is now gone and the ads have been changed to another company. I have gotten 0 complaints since then.

As for now, I have now edited the menu so there is 0 delay. Any other issues from here on out? Are on your end. I don't know what else to tell you. I had the delay set to 10 milliseconds before the latest edit.

One last thing.....to say we don't listen is just way off base. If anything I have found myself trying to cater to any complaints on the site from day one. You are not the only one with issues (ask Chrisbob, TJ or ollysj about their issues with the ads) and I have done whatever I can to remedy them.

19. Buffgrandpa

Gee Steve, I don't even remember talking to you about the issues....

Yeah, I noticed that the ESPN thing was gone, but the problem didn't go with it. One thing I did notice tonight was that it almost looks like it is a problem with Mozilla or some related item. I have 3 machines right now. 2 have just recently been upgraded to Vista, one will never be upgraded. One Vista machine is always on comcast. One vista machine splits time between comcast and a satellite. The XP machine is always satellite. When the original complaint was made, all 3 were XP but the problem didn't go away with the Vista upgrades.

Now I did look at something else after your post (which wasn't just snitching) and noticed that on the Vista machine on comcast that when I came to the site with IE instead of Firefox, there was no delay.. I will check this tomorrow on the Satellite...

I didn't say that "you" don't listen.. I was answering the person that replied to my posts and said "just avoid the menus"... duh....

I don't think the delay is the whole problem... look, in the rare instance that I am patient.... click on GIF...wait for the delay to go away... then move around.. there aren't any problems... but I am not very freaking patient :)

I tend to jump into GIF, look at the posts for the last 1, 2, 6 or what ever hours..and if nothing has changed I am gone... what happens is.. I don't wait for the delay... so click.. click and I have a damn drop down menu in the middle of the screen, like I am waiting for everything else...

I am just trying to help. I don't give a rats butt one way or the other whether this site succeeds or not, I have no vested interest at all. I have Sirius and would be happy with just that. I have met some interesting people on here and would like to keep it that way... but how many of them have left since I have been here.... How many of the people that are posting now have been here over a year? Don't you ask yourself why some of our best members just get bored and leave?

I'm would never complain about Sweets, she is just too much fun, but she listens like a woman.... :twisted:

I just hate the idea that I have to start looking at GIF in IE instead of Firefox... I personally hate IE...

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Listens like a woman??? bwahahahahahaha...We have quite a few people posting here that have been with us for over a year, people change, things change even I have joined lots of message boards that I don't go to anymore..You know I was just giving you crap Pops and it's not like we don't care because you know we do but honestly I haven't received any complaints about the drop down menus.

Some people don't care if this site succeeds or not but I find it funny that those people are the ones we try to help more then the others. We do have more then 10 people posting you must have us mixed up with some other site :lol:

I have firefox and have no problem with the menus but then I don't have Vista thank God and I'm not as tech savy as you are Pops.