The greatest two words in sports

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jun 18, 2016.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I think they are just urban legends. People claim to have seen them, but no one actually has.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I didn't hear of any rioting in Cleveland after their championship.

God help us all if the Eagles actually win one.

Fortunately, we all know that's purely theoretical conversation.

ragman likes this.
  3. ragman

Amen. They're obnoxious enough as it is. As you just said, God help us all if they actually win one.

I talked to a guy on Twitter yesterday who said that he's met thousands of Eagles fans. Only about 3 of them would he call reasonable.

4. ragman

This past Saturday, I left a Facebook sports forum group that is dominated by Eagles fans.

The day before, the group's admin, an Eagles fan, posted a pic that showed Romo getting injured in last year's game against the Eagles. I totally objected. IMO, it's OK to talk about injuries, but showing pics of a player getting injured crosses the line. The response from the other Eagles fans? That I was taking this "WAY too personal."

I don't care what they think. This was a group that I no longer wanted to be associated with.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

not one incident happened during the Phillies celebrations. (yes, they are the same people as eagles fans)

rags, i lov ya bro, but you are too sensitive. also, the guy you talked to on twitter that claims he's met 1000's of eagles fans ---- do you believe everything you hear on the internet ?

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'm gonna send both of you guys a DVD copy of "Invincible" for your efforts.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

already have it. could use the bluray version though. lol

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

They still make Blu-Rays?

I can't help but wonder if all the people that bought Blu-Ray DVD players have buyers remorse like those who bought BetaMax back in the day.