The Green Bay Packers Thread

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ollysj, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Since a couple of Packersfans joined the board, I'll give it another try :icon_mrgreen:

Use this thread to discuss our Packers. Draft, transactions, games or whatever comes to your mind, feel free to post in here.

I'll start with this:

-I still don't get why the Packers traded Williams. We didn't have an equal player on his spot.

-The "Moss to GB" rumors are on again. Like last year, I still can't imagne Moss in green and gold, even if he would be an upgrade to our receiveing corps.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't imagine him in Green Bay either...but it couldn't hurt and it keeps him out of Dallas...

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Today is the start of a new era, the one after Brett Favre. A long expected move, but evenso a shocking announcement.

Now it's time to go on with Aaron Rodgers, who had now big shoes to fill. Sure he can't replace a Brett Farve, but I think this young talented team will support a young talented QB.

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Rodgers will always have to deal with that expectation of LAF (life after Favre). He's gonna have a tough time adjusting to it, I've seen it in my own back yard trust me.

5. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I reckon we traded Williams as TT thought that we had the talent to replace him. I'm not going to argue with TT's player evaluations.

I'm looking forward to the new era, but how many pre-season games is Rodgers going to play?

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You guys better get a good back-up QB. If Aaron Rogers has proven anything, it's that he's injury prone.

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's the point, worries me the most :icon_confused:

8. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

It just occured to me, if he's retired, that means he's off out books salary cap wise doesn't it? That's a hell of alot of money we just got back.

9. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

If the Packers were the youngest team in the NFL last year WITH Favre... they have to be the youngest ever next season..just sayin!

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

i agree with you completely

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Awful thread, here. :icon_mrgreen:

Anyone here think it's possible Favre could change his mind and come back out of retirement?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now that his career is over.

Brett Favre > Dan Marino.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, of course!!! He's got the records, and more importantly, he's got the ring!!!

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Maybe, after Alex Smiths 1st ring. Until then, no! :icon_wink:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

16. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Awsome - thanks!!!!

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anytime!!! Love my Packers Fans...

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

The NFL Network is playing some great Favre pieces.

Favre 4 Ever was really good...didn't have this past season in it though.

America's Game - Packers/Patriots Super Bowl with Holmgren, Favre, Howard comments.

Tomorrow there are two more pieces on. One about Favre and all of the QB's that played the back up role to Brett and then they are having an hour special where Favre narrates his career.

Also playing replays of the "Irv Favre" game versus the Raiders and the Super Bowl vs. New England.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Holmgrem: Nickel is when the defense takes out a LB and put another DB in...

Favre: Really?.........WHO CARES?!?!?!

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...that was one of my favorite lines. Who was he talking to when he said that? Ty Detmer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.