The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

just had a Scorpion/Mummy movie mood week

the funniest part is I went backwords lol

Wednesday

Scorpion King 2 for the first time it was alright, didn't expect much out of it since it didn't have the Rock for obvious reasons but still lol

and yesterday I watched Scorpion King 1 with the Rock

and tonight I watched The Mummy Returns

maybe I'll watch The Mummy tomorrow lol

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Crazy Heart - very very good, but I didn't think it was as good as the hype...the basic story is pretty derivative and unoriginal, but the performances (especially Bridges) and music made it great.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm not finished watching Boondock Saints 2, but I feel pretty confident in saying that THIS MOVIE FREAKING SUCKS. It's just flat out stupid, boring, cheesy and uninteresting. I was never the biggest fan of the first one, in fact I didn't really like it at all, and I realize that saying that that probably borders on blasphemy for a lot of you, but the first one was Citizen freaking Kane compared to this mess.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Robb Wells is in it briefly. Doesn't make up for the godawful craptiness of every other iota of the movie though.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wow it's that bad?

I'll still have to give it a shot.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

yeah me too

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I just watched Spread starring Ashton Kutcher. The concept was pretty good, but it missed on depicting the highs and lows of the L.A. life they were going for. Kutcher wasn't that bad, but overall none of the characters were relatable or likable.

7. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Just watched The Invention of Lying a couple of days ago... very very funny. The end was kinda predictable but all in all it was pretty solid. I'll probably end up buying it, maybe just for the Ed Norton cameo haha

Jennifer's Body is next on the list... why? I don't know. Megan Fox = why.

Axion's Boondock Saints 2 review is pretty standard from what I've heard/read from people who have real opinions and aren't just brainwashed by the idea of "ZOMG BOONDOCKSAINTSIZTEHAWSUMZ!" I never saw the point of a sequel other than Troy Duffy wanted more money and knew he could get it.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah Spread was okay.

I've only made it half way through Boondock Saints 2 and I'm just wondering are the freaking writers & director goobered? Why they try to make the other FBI like Dafoe from the first one. They just needed to do more killing and just base the story around the brothers. Clifton Collins Jr was a great casting choice but so far the movie is just like rubbish.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The director is pretty freaking goobered. I just finished watching "Overnight", a documentary chronicling his time from when the Boondock Saints script was originally purchased by Miramax to when, after completely alienating everyone in Hollywood with his complete and utter douchebaggery, he ended up being distributed by a tiny no-name company, via a one-week run in 5 theaters nationwide and a DVD release that he saw no money from because he stupidly signed the DVD rights away. Duffy is such a half-ass excuse for a human it's actually enjoyable to watch his meteoric rise and the inevitable hardcore crash and burn.

10. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Edge of Darkness - 6/10 it was good but it was slow at parts of the movie, slow to develop and slow on scenes that I could do without but the action that it had was great.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Anyone see any good movies lately?

12. DawkinsINT

I watched Casablanca for the first time in my life yesterday. Good flick. I couldn't believe how many quotes from it I've heard.

13. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

If you watched The Day After Tomorrow you pretty much saw 2012, but I think 2012 was better.

14. Banyaaz

Banyaaz Video Drone

:cele08::Invision-Board-Fran
    I hope They Serve Beer In Hell
    AWSOME!

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i saw day of the dead and it sucked really really suckeed i rememebr the original and it was pretty cool and this blew i wasted and hour and half damn it

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Kinda sucked except for Summer Glau.

18. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Alice In Wonderland.

Pile of crap. No so much as a remake of one of my favorite films, but a sequel. Adult Alice who forgot her first adventure into Wonderland returns to see it in a new, less whimsical and entertaining light.
    Essentially Tim Burton wanking over Johnny Depp.

You don't like it Joe, but should I go see it?

No.

19. DawkinsINT

I watched Doubt earlier this afternoon. With a lesser cast, this movie wouldn't have worked. Streep, Hoffman, and Amy Adams were all excellent though and I liked it a lot.

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Watched Green Zone this afternoon at the theatre, it was pretty good alot of action and Matt Damon was good in it.