The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I totally want to see it. I was going to wait for it to hit dvd, but perhaps I'll go see it in the theater.

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - The opening scene was funny and the hotel lobby scene was funny. the rest was dull.

Zombieland - pretty good, I liked the comical approach on this one and BILL FREAKIN' MURRAY!!!!

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I gave up after 30 minutes, that movie sucks so bad.

Watched 'From Paris with Love' - 6/10

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Watching this now.

Yeah it's pretty freaking goobered. I can't believe they hecked this up so bad.

The one bright spot in the movie just happened at an hour and twenty minutes into it.

5. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Army of Darkness - I must say the first time seeing this movie in full that I loved it, it's funny as hell

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I watched Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi on the netflix last night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXbahW9bsk"]YouTube - Christian Hosoi Rising Son- The Legend Of Skateboarder Part 1[/ame]

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

man that looks good i love wtaching skateboard movies/documantries..........i usede to skate back in th day and bought my kids skateboard not to long ago and teaching them to ollie my knees didnt like it but what the hell

ima check it out

8. DawkinsINT

I watched that last summer on IFC or something. It's definitely worth cfreaking out, Omen.

9. Omen

man cant beilieve i didnt catch it on IFC i usually catch good one there i dvred a doc about the pixies reunion last night on IFC

10. DawkinsINT

Damn, I missed that Pixies doc. I just searched and it isn't on again for at least the next two weeks.

11. wide right

Back in the 80s I remember Hosoi just being the man in all the old skate mags and movies. Then I stopped skating, stopped following it and suddenly the sport blows up and Tony Hawk is anointed king of skateboarding and get all the video games & toys named after him. I had always wondered what happened to Hosoi as he was waaay better than Hawk. Freaking meth. Great documentary. If you skate now or did back in the early days I highly recommend this.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

13. Omen

i know i was a bit young in the early 80's but i remember having a skate board and just messing around and then in the 90s when it was more exposed and stuff a buddy of mine went ape crap bc that skate board i had from the 80s was a hasoi that i had always kept.

i still havent watched the Pixies doc

14. wide right

I watched the worst creation in the Star Wars universe today. Ewoks:The Battle For Endor. It's so bad it makes the prequels seem like Citizen Kane. It was a 1985 made for tv movie that I vaguely recall seeing as a kid. I saw it at the library and got it for my son because he's starting to get into Star Wars. Wow, wow, wow, this movie is bad. A must see for all Star Wars fans if only to check out the awfulness. It stars Wilford Brimley and the principal from Breakfast Club.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAEV_sLEglI"]YouTube - Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (1/10)[/ame]

15. Omen

i remember watching this too i was about 10........but it was star wars

my kids now have the clone wars on CTN

16. DawkinsINT

Precious - Depressing, sexy, and excellent.

Paranormal Activity - The scariest part was renting it.

17. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I got you beat

scarier thing was actually going to the movies to watch that crap *bag*

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Watching The Blob right now

18. Omen

the old one or the the one with drama

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Had it's moments but overall a suckfest.

The Slammin' Salmon - BLATANT "Waiting" ripoff and not nearly as good. Again it had it's chuckles, but overall, poor showing from the Broken Lizard crew...but this seems to be their MO. Follow a good movie with a bad one, and vice versa. Puddle Cruiser (BAD), Super Troopers (GOOD), Club Dread (BAD), Beerfest (GOOD), Slammin Salmon (BAD)

SuicideGirls Guide To Living - SO great. SO SO SO great. If you like having naked nerdy punk rock chicks teach you how to do things like roll a joint, tie a tie, and get chicks to skinnydip in your pool, then this movie is for you.

From Paris With Love - Honestly better than I expected. Once I got over my hate for Travolta it turned into an enjoyable, fun, ridiculous shoot-em-up. It's a B-movie "blow" crap up flick, and that's all it's trying to be, which is fine by me. None of it is so horribly bad that I don't even want to finish the movie (ala Boondock 2), and at it's best it's pure entertainment. Good times if you can put aside your critics hat for a couple hours.

Defendor - Took a while for me to get into it but I ended up liking it. Woody and Kat Dennings both do a great job (plus Dennings is balls hot IMO), and it has one of my favorite character actors in Woodys employer/friend. Dunno the guys name offhand but he kills every role I've seen him play. I'm not going to get into plot stuff and ruin it, but watch it if you can find it.

20. Bachelor Party. An all time classic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0b_lI4x90]YouTube - Photography - Bachelor Party Style[/ame]