The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have heard mostly negative book of eli reviews. I first thought the commercials looked good but have rethought watching it due to reviews.
    I wanna rethink but you like the Cowoy's and didn't like Terminator Salvation so we disagree alot. Hmmm what to do what to do.

On another note I watched School for Scoundrels and it was terrible. Then I watched 9 and the short it was based on was incredible and the whole movie looked phenomenal but the story was just too weak to be a full movie

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Surrogates - Some similarites to iRobot, but not as good.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Salvation just disapointed me. I expected more action, more butt kicking. I didnt like Bale as John Conner.

As far as Book of Eli is concerned, to hell with the critics, make your own decision.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i thought book of eli was ok, im not even close to being religious and i had to watch it with my room mate and hes the biggest bible lover i know so watching things like the book of eli, legion, anything involving an exorcism with him makes me wanna shoot myself because he thinks its the most badass thing on the planet. but overall i thought it was an ok, i hear alot of people give it bad reviews too, but i hear people that think its the greatest and i see it get like 4.5 stars all over the place....you kinda just have to see it i guess

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Phigles is super religious. He's a descendant of John The Baptist or some crap.

The movie was good, not great.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Only great will do when my man JC is involved : D

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol.

on another note about it, mila kunis=the love of my life

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i watched Salt and Inception. both really good. worth watching at the theaters.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Mine too

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

The Crazies - pretty much another zombie movie

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i saw her first :evil1:

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

crazies let me down, could have been something special, but it was just another zombie flick.

jailhouse rock - not bad
    Trouble the Waters - documentary about Katrina during and after, very well made and a moving documentary

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

Clash of the titans. Disappointed. While the effects were awesome the movie was too short. they should've went at least two hours.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

How's it compare to the original? I loved that movie growing up

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

man, hard to compare, i'm still bias towards the original which to me didn't seem as rushed as this version and was also more true to the story. still a good move IMO don't get me wrong but i thought it would be better.

plus how could this little fella not be in the new movie ?

[​IMG]

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

same here i dug it.........but the original was just so good

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I thought I remembered reading that Bubo made a cameo in the new one? If not that's just stupid film making.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

briefly and they kinda make fun of it

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I watched Network again for the first time in forever. It still holds up. Great movie.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I know huh Dawk, I saw it in the last month or so and posted here. I think it is especially relevant now with the major corporations own everything and how media controls perception.