The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He Was A Quiet Man - 3.5 of 5 stars
    This was much better than I expected going in. Christian Slater was excellent and didn't do his old Jack Nicholson routine. It starts off a little bit slow, but picks up. There are a lot of things going on in the background that need to be paid attention to in order to understand the ending. Good movie.

2. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

nice, was thinking of cfreaking that one out

3. DawkinsINT

I think you'll like it. Some other board members, probably not so much.

4. ParanoidMike

understood. i like weird, dark and obscure films like that :icon_cool:

5. DawkinsINT

This movie is kind of like Boxing Helena meets The Office. I'm dying for someone else to watch it so I can discuss the ending and what I thought happened. :lol:

6. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I just watched American Pie: Beta House and the movie is basically like a mini-ph0rno. The movie is just plain bad..other than for all the s*x scenes.

7. DawkinsINT

Yeah, that's one that you just fast forward to the s*x scenes.

I watched Bully for the first time in years. R.I.P. - Brad Renfro.

8. ParanoidMike

crap, i forgot that he was in that. what'd you think of the flick. VERY hecked up, but well done.

9. DawkinsINT

Yeah, he was pretty much the main character. It's hecked up that I got into a conversation with someone about the movie, and then I added it to my blockbuster queue the next day. 2 days later he died. Weird.

As for the movie itself, I liked it quite a bit. It was certainly hecked up and almost borderline child ph0rn, but what else can you expect from a Larry Clark film? :lol:

There were some aspects of the film that I didn't like, such as the rolling camera when the "mafia kid" was trying to explain the depth of what they were about to do was. But I thought most of the cast did a great job.

I remember when I watched it originally with an ex-girlfriend and she thought the whole plot was ridiculous. I then informed her that it was based on a true story.

There were two downers for me though:
    1. Knowing that Renfro is now dead.
    2. Watching Nick Stahl bummed me out a bit that Carnivale got canceled.

Seeing it a second time, I still think it's a good movie.

10. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Gonna go watch watch House of Wax... later all!

11. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Decided to rent "War" with Jet Li and Jason Statham...

Wasn't all that impressed, really. The last fight scene was cool, but otherwise I just got bored watching it- I did stick with it through the end, though.

12. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

Yeah, not a strong movie as far as plot and story but the fight scenes were pretty cool.

13. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

This old cooter at my gym served with that very guy the movie was made from. I normally shrug off his Nam stories bc they can be pretty boring but the ones he was telling about what went down were cool as hell. He said the movie depicted things pretty good...all except the end where the feds came in and they smuggled him out. he said the guy was in a tent, not a huge isolated building and there where no guards. His buddies simply walked in and then they walked out...no big deal. oh and the guy was some model looking babyfaced chick magnet...Not some rugged looking dude like Bale made it look.

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I watched 3:10 To Yuma last night, great movie.

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

watched Cloverfield last night. It was pretty intense in parts. The build up in the beginning was way too long...the monster thing was bad butt and the destruction was top notch. didn't really care for the way they filmed it but it certain parts it really did add to the scene. If i had to choose one word to describe it i would choose 'Intense"

16. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

watched a movie called hard candy last night. it was a pretty cool twisted movie

17. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

25th hour - 4/5
    Good movie check it out. Ed Norton plays a good character.

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

its slow but deep...i'd give it the same rating 4/5

19. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I watched "Musa", foreign war movie, I liked it.

20. DawkinsINT

That movie really put Ellen Page on the map. She was great in that.