The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

it was brilliant. caught me completely by surprise. i could see how people wouldn't like it. they sorta advertise it as a thriller/comedy on the box, and i think it's more of a drama that happens to have a lot of funny moments and some action.

hard to market a movie like that, but i think it could be a cult classic. seems to be doing good on Amazon. i'm definitely buying it

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can see why you would think that way. I personally thought of it as a comedy first with an excellent mix of drama and action mixed in.

That's the beauty of the movie, it works on so many different levels. Well written, directed, acted...it had it all.

3. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

couldn't agree more. had a little of everything without feeling awkward or out of place. it's probably a movie you appreciate more each time you see it

thanks for mentioning it. i had it on the list, but seeing your recommendation made me bump it up to the top

4. DawkinsINT

You mentioned Amazon. I just checked out rottentomatoes, and the RT Community has it at 92%.

And yeah, I'm certainly going to be watching it many, many, more times.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I just added s*x and Death 101 to the top of the Netflix queue.

In Bruges is still sitting on top of my DVD player...

I am going to have to get around to watching that damn thing, after all these rave reviews!

6. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Whew. I read this post and figured I'd go back and see what movie you were REALLY talking about.

I was a lil disappointed when it wasnt Tango & Cash :icon_confused:

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i watched American Hardcore last night i had tivoed and hadnt gotten aroung to watching it all. its about the punk scene in the early days has a lot of footage of shows and interviews with band members of bands like minor threat, bad brains, SSD, Black Flag. really a must for any punk fan IMO i enjoyed very much

8. DawkinsINT

I saw that last month. Good crap. It made me go back and listen to so much old school punk.

9. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

Notes on a Scandal- The prim, proper, British version of Single White Female

Hot Fuzz-
    This movie didn't meet my expectations.......It exceeded them!! FUNNY CRAP

10. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Just watched the American version of 'Shutter'

Stinks.

Blonde chic was hot though.

Save time and watch the original Japanese version.
    Much creepier.

11. DawkinsINT

That's always the case.

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, one word Dumplings, ewwwwwww

13. Omen

same here i went trough my garage to look for some of my old tapes

14. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

At least for the movies I watched it has been.
    I haven't seen the original Grudge or Ringu yet.

After posting in the Andy twinky thread, I decided I should watch Cable Guy.
    I forgot how funny that movie was!

The password...is...vag**a.

Mom, I don't want to play anymore!

hahahaha

15. Omen

seems as american horror has lost its creativity all hooror movies either zonbie movies or remakes of foriegn movies like the new one quarantine is a remake of rec from Spain

16. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Its sad but true. I love horror movies. Unfortunately, I see most of the crap that gets put out in that genre. But you're right...they're either Americanized versions of foreign horrors or remakes.
    Or a new movie with a plot line that's already been used somewhere else.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I just watched ichi the killer, sick freaking movie, entertaining even though some parts were over the top

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

As the Batman freak that I am, I just watched The Dark Night and I enjoyed it very much.

19. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

The Dark motherfreaking Knight!!!!!!

In a movie where everybody played an GREAT role, Ledger stood apart. Believe the hype. He deserves the Oscar nod. He's that freaking good. Jack Nicholson's Joker is a walk down Sesame Street by comparison. The pencil trick was awesome. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

AWESOME. AWESOME. FREAKING AWESOME. Go see it now, or kill yourself because you suck at life. :icon_smile:

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Ma, I really wanted to see this. I got to the mall three hours early to buy tickets and they were sold out until midnight. We didn't feel like waiting around for 5 hours. I'll have to see it tomorrow. All the great reviews aren't making the wait much fun.