The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

**Possible spoiler alert**

I expected them to focus more on the Joker's origin, but I kind of liked better the "came out of nowhere" angle they presented.

It's great to see a very good Batman franchise, after the crap they made in the 90's. Kudos to the Nolans.

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

qft that movie was the freaking crap!!!

3. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Going to see it tomorrow, and as a comic geek, I have to agree w/TJ that it is good to see a good comic book franchise. X-men should have stopped w/2, Iron Man was overrated, the Hulk, eh, was okay. They are replacing Thomas Jane as the Punisher later this year. And don't get me started on Superman.

4. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

I'm going to see it hopefully this afternoon with my husband - can't wait!!!

5. dublin mike

Although it is a couple of years old, I highly suggest at least renting The Greatest Game Ever Played. I cringed at first b/c it stars Shia LaBeouf, but it is an excellent movie based on a true story. Even my wife, who has no clue on anything to do w/golf, loved it.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

me is comic book freak or was i stopped collcting a few years back but man was the dark night great i enjoyed it very much freaking awsome franchise beat one DC is putting marvel to shame as we speak.. trailer for the watchmen is too freaking cool

7. dublin mike

There's a friggin Watchmen trailer?!?!?! Holy crap, I'd go just to see that.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

9. nastynate184

that trailer was freaking amazing that movie is going to rule ass

10. dublin mike

An amazing trailer. And I am giddy w/anticipation, but there is no way they can do the graphic novel justice w/out making a 12 hour movie.

Damn that is just awesome.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I heard there was a lot of nervous laughter at Ledgers Joker.

People weren't sure how they should respond, knowing they will never see a performance like that again...

Creepy...

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You can't really compare the two. Jack's version was done the way he did it because they wanted more of a comic book vibe. If he was called on to do it as a true evil character, Nicholson would have done it much different.

13. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

just got back from "Dark Knight." awesome flick

Heath Ledger as Joker was AMAZING. anytime he wasn't on the screen i was wondering how long it'd be until he'd show up again.

don't want to give anything away, but how he's introduced is unforgettable (when he appears during a meeting of sorts)

14. nastynate184

crap i busted up laughing at some of the crap he did. if i did not know it was heath ledger i would have never guessed it was him

15. dublin mike

Holy crap. Just got back from the Dark Knight, and I dunno if I have ever seen a better comic book movie. I was never a Ledger fan before this, and I must be honest when I thought a lot of the positive reviews his performance was getting was b/c of his death. Boy was I wrong. He nailed the Joker perfectly.

Christian Bale seemed to be over acting at times, but that is my only complaint. Just wonder how he'll do in the T4 role.

And yes, that pencil trick was amazing and hilarious, all at the same time.

16. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I thought Bale was fine. I thought the only flaw with the movie was the girl who played Rachel.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Maggie Gyllenhall?

She is ok, but not sexy enough for the role.

18. dublin mike

I thought Gyllenhall was trying to much to channel Katie Holmes. At times, she seemed just like Holmes in the last film, which I found curious, as Holmes was the only bad thing from the 1st movie.

Oh, and Aaron Eckhart plays Harvey Dent perfectly as well as *SPOILERS*

Two Face. I expected to see him, but not to have him play such a major role. I figured they would wait for the third film. The guest shot of Scarecrow caught me off guard as well.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sorry to kill the Dark Knight talk, but I watched two movies today.

Memento for the first time in years. Great movie. The twist at the end (beginning?) still wows me.

The Tracey Fragments - 3 of 5 stars
    I'm a huge Ellen Page fan, and I liked quite a bit of what they did with the film, but it seemed like they went over the top in trying to be artsy. Better supporting actors would have helped this out.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Seen The Dark Knight 2 days ago, amazing movie... Best of the year