The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

i thought it was, but again it's not the type of thing you'd want to watch over and over again. i'm glad i saw it once, don't know if i need to revisit it again any time soon.

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i loved them both they are both worth seeing RDJ as a black dude was amazing

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's odd that The Bridge was brought up. I'll have that tomorrow or early next week.

4. DawkinsINT

I just watched it. Great movie. Brando was the crap. What a performance. Lee J. Cobb and Karl Malden were excellent as well. Eva Marie Saint was quite the babe and a good actress. I liked her a lot in North By Northwest as well.

Tomorrow I'll probably watch The Bridge since it arrived today.

5. ParanoidMike

yeah, i can see why it was one of his signature roles. very well done movie. will have to buy it one of these days

[​IMG]

just saw another classic, "The Maltese Falcon" for the first time. good stuff. Bogart was great in it. i just saw that it's only 10 bucks for the 3 disc version on Amazon, so i'll be buying it for sure

6. DawkinsINT

I've never seen that one before either. I'm adding it to my blockbuster queue. You keep giving me stuff to watch. :buttrock:

7. ParanoidMike

i try my best :icon_cool:

i really liked it. since it's an older flick, some of the acting can be a little over-the-top at times, but Bogart played it right throughout. i wasn't going to rush out and buy it, but seeing that it's only 10 bucks for the special edition, that's too good of a deal to pass up. it's not even that cheap at Target :icon_eek:

8. DawkinsINT

I totally forgot to mention the other movie I watched today.

Amores Perros aka Love's A Baby - 3.75 of 5 stars.
    Subtitle alert for those that don't speak Spanish and don't like movies with subtitles.

This movie was shot in 3 parts with story lines that all interconnect. The first part was so excellent. It had drama, violence, a love story, and excellent acting. It's worth watching on that alone. The second part drops off quite a bit, but it's still very unique. The third part was good, but it can't touch the first part.

I'm not sure how many members here would like the film, but I think ParanoidMike in particular would since our movie tastes seem to be a lot alike.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Haven't watched that movie in a LONG time dude, it's a pretty good one...

10. DawkinsINT

I watched it a couple of hours ago. I agree with you. It was pretty good, but nothing I want to see again.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

A Good Year

Not too bad, even though Russel Crowe is in it.

12. ParanoidMike

i'm glad i rented "The Bridge," and again its not a knock on the movie. it's really well done, but due to the subject matter it's nothing that requires repeat viewing. i could see myself renting it again sometime in the future, but it's not one i'd want to own since i wouldn't be watching it much.

i was tempted to buy it before i got on Netflix. glad i waited

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

'pcu'

14. DawkinsINT

I prefer his tv show...Fightin' Around The World.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutEP_55Feo"]YouTube - Russel Crowe Bunyózni óraszám (Fightin' around the world)[/ame]

15. ParanoidMike

16. DawkinsINT

I always think of that episode when I watch a Crowe film. Too bad Tugger hasn't become a big movie star. :icon_lol:

17. ParanoidMike

[​IMG]

"In the Heat of the Night." i liked it and thought it was well done, although i don't think it's something i need to own anytime soon. glad i checked it out. worth seeing at least once

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

19. ParanoidMike

went to see "The Dark Knight" again today. even better than the first time i saw it

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

LMAO. What a great episode. I still can't stop laughing when I hear "These chinamen can grow up to 5 feet tall and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs." :icon_lol:

By the way, did you even watch the clip before you posted it? After the theme song, it's in a different language. :icon_lol:

I just saw it for the second time today...err yesterday, too. It wasn't as good as a Fight Club or Memento rewatch since there was no alternative angle (for lack of a better word) to view it from, but it was still entertaining.

My girlfriend finally got me to watch The Machinist (thank god she has a crush on an actor who is actually good and in some great movies :icon_mrgreen:) and I already want to watch it again. Even though some of the plot is obvious, it never ruins the movie or the ending. POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT...I think I am becoming a really observant movie watcher (thank you Memento), because I feel like I caught a lot (of course, I won't realize how much I missed until the second time I watch) the first time, such as how his license plate number is the reverse of Ivan's car (once again, thank you Memento). I even theorized at the very beginning that the "Who are you?" mystery person from the intro was actually Trevor after the camera focused on the flashlight on his bed after that scene....ok, well, I theorize that about every movie since I saw Fight Club, but still, I was about right that time. :icon_mrgreen: