The Looming Brock Osweiler Dilemma

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Bronco Braiden, Jul 6, 2014.

1. How good is Brock Osweiler? Reporters who have watched him in practice this summer will tell you he has much higher velocity and accuracy. The lengthy quarterback probably hasn’t shrunk from 6’7, either. But the honest answer to this question is very simple – nobody knows. There is nothing like an in-game performance in pro sports, especially in the NFL. Some guys have all the measurables and talent, but lack the intangibles to perform. Until Osweiler gets thrown to the wolves in the regular season, every report on his talent and ability to produce is pure speculation. The Broncos’ brass invested a second round pick […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Thank you! It's much easier for me to write when I'm passionate about the content

3. Thanks, I did look at the Rodgers-Favre comparison in respect to this, but decided to leave it out. While it was a similar situation, I think Manning's higher level of play and his lack of roots in Denver convinced me to pass. Hopefully the results can be similar, though

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Whoa man...either Im totally tripping here, out or you are. Pretttttty sure its not me, for once.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

But I have been known to be wrong...from time to time.

6. I tried to lay down the facts of the situation and state all the possibilities. If Manning brings a Super Bowl to town, things definitely change. But if not, I don't think it's outlandish for the Broncos to pick a 25 year old Osweiler over a 40 year old Manning. The Packers made a similar move a while back and they're in good shape. Backed up by facts, it's a speculative article, but that's what happens in the offseason. Thanks for the read.