The Los Angeles Dodgers Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Daddy Primetime42, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Hi folks wanted to start a thread dedicated to the Dodgers while the Race is heating up. The rockies are right on our tail and this is an important series.Go Dodgers as it stands right now the game is Tied at 2-2.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Kershaw pitched well just a 2 run shot to hawpe but once again a no decision.

Damn it Torre you should of left in Clayton. Belisario serves up a meatball to barmes with 2 outs. 3-2 rockies

Damn it tulowitzki drives in another 4-2 rockies. Pierre is up in the bottom of the 9th.

pierre basehit furcal up

double by furcal, 3rd and 2nd no outs

kemp sacrifice fly. furcal to third. ethier up score is 4-3 rockies.

the rockies are bringing joe beimel to face ethier. Lets go Dodgers

Screw ethier struck out. Manny coming up. bet he gets walked int.

their pitching to manny lets se what happens

Screw yeah! Manny Ramirez singles tie game

pop fly by loney, stewart drops it so now its 2nd and 3rd wow. blake is being walked. so martin coming up with bases Loaded. Lets go russell lets do it again.

Damn he flied out. extra innings

Its in the tenth dodgers up.

2. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

What about the Cubs/Sox?

3. Daddy Primetime42

what about them im watching the dodgers/rockies theres a cub thread some where id go there.

Screw 1st and 3rd no outs for rockies.

struck out quintanilla. walk helton to load them up and here comes Tulowitzki.

Screw Base Hit Rockies won Bastards! Only a 2 game lead now.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Better luck next time DP42.

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Doyers. El Maniaco gave 'em a chance and they didn't come through.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

dodgers only 1 game ahead of the Phillies for #1 in the NL and only 2 ahead of the rockies for the division.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Sounds like you have some competition mike.

8. mike oxlong

we killed them last year in the playoffs, i'm sure we can do it again.

9. Daddy Primetime42

Dodgers win today 6 to 1 great game for wolf hes really been our best pitcher the last few weeks. Ethier hits to homers and Loney hit a three run shot. back up by 3 rubber game tomorrow.

I wouldnt say killed but yeah you guys beat us. Your bullpen was lights out last season i dont think you guys have been that good this year. You guys do have great starting pitching better than us any way. But as long as your pitchers only pitch 6 innings we might have a chance. A lot of baseball to play we still have to worry about the rockies they were 15 games out now only 3. My doyers have to play better some guys are on a slump and some guys are not pitching well lets see if they can turn it around.

10. mike oxlong

i can't believe that you guys signed vicente padilla. Also, if you remember, last year the phillies were not playing as well as they are now and only began to really turn it on at this point. Also, our bullpen has been decimated and once we get a few guys back, durbin, romero, condrey, our bullpen should be fine.

11. Daddy Primetime42

Yeah that beats having roy halladay:icon_rolleyes: he goes tonight lets see what happens i heard that fool had the swine flu.sheesh. wishful thinking on my part about your bullpen. I think you guys are the team to beat specialy with the aquisition of cliff lee. hes been lights out.good luck

12. mike oxlong

I tell you i'm worried about the cardinals, once they get to the playoffs and have a shorter rotation, look out, wainwright/piniero/carpenter are 28-3 in their last 31 decisions. yikes!

13. Daddy Primetime42

lets pick it up in the 9th dodgers up 3-2 and batting.2run Homerun by kemp and single to score hudson to break a 2-2 tie. Padilla pitched good just allowing to runs lets see if he can keep it up. This is big game to keep a 4 game lead in the west.

manny up with a man at first. 2 outs and manny is getting walked int. to get to broxton.dodgers cant hit for broxton cuz hes the closer.

bottom of the 9th lets see if Broxton Can shut them down. lets do it Iron Man.

Base hit by torrealva. chopper by spilborghs furcal picks it and trys to tag torrealva and misses so its 1st and 2nd with 1 out. damn

broxton bringing the heat 102 mph! blew away eric young jr. 2 out

Yeah broxton strikes out seth smith. Game Over! Dodgers win!

14. Daddy Primetime42

top of the 8th dodgers 2 reds 2. dodgers won ysterday 11-5 trying to win there 25th series of the season today. another good pitched game for kershaw but he will get a no decision. unless the dodges can score here 1st and 2nd 1 out.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You can say what you want about Padilla. He sure can eat up innings. He just needs to curb his tendency to hit batters.

With him in the NL now, look for opposing pitchers to give Padilla a taste of his own medicine.

16. Daddy Primetime42

Dodgers up 3-2 in the 12th broxton is in trouble though.

dodgers win! 3-2 Broxton wit the save walking the tight rope again.

17. Daddy Primetime42

Kuroda is pitching a good game today, so far. i hope i dont jinx him. Dodgers up 2-1 against the Hated Ones the giants. We need to make a statement in this series. Incase the rockies overtake us for the lead we still have the wild card. Im not to worried we own the rockies.

Mannys up

grounded out after getting pissed at called strike. It was pretty low and outside.

padres beating the rockies 1-0 lets go padres.

They asked who is the best pitching duo in the national league as text ?
    A. Cain/lincecum 55%
    B. Wainright/carpenter 36%
    C. hamels/c.lee 09%

So far people are saying Cain and Lincecum 55%

Bam! welcome back Casey with a 2 run shot of Cain. 4-1 Dodgers. We own Cain

Good play Russell. He cant hit for crap anymore but he can still play defense.

18. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Just a month ago I thought the Dodgers were going to easily win the N.L., but now I would have to go with the Cardinals. They really improved there team.

19. Daddy Primetime42

15 in a row retired by Kuroda. Man im going to miss Vin Scully. In my opinion I think Lee and Hamels are the best pitching duo right now.

yeah that matt holiday trade really gave them a spark. Were playing 500 ball right now not good, luckily after the giants we have a soft schedule.

20. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

The stretch schedule will help the Dodgers hold off the Rockies, but in a short series they could be in trouble.